Kingdom Hall Money Grab Was for Child Abuse – It’s Completely Clear

by thedepressedsoul 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Emery
    Emery

DATA-DOG: They will get what's coming to them. The GB/leaders and the blind followers will both get what's coming to them. It's unavoidable.

This.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Vidiot: What, they can't dip into their numbered accounts in the Caymans or Switzerland?

Shhhhhh, Vidiot! Those accounts don't exist. WT keeps that info. on the low low.

Those accounts are the GB's "Golden Parachute" when the fecal matter hits the air-moving device and they have to amscray off U.S. soil.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I wouldn't be surprised if what you are saying is true. One thing is for sure "it's not the same organisation that i knew 20-30 years ago".

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I totally believe this as well. I can't wait for more and more victims to come forward. They will not be able to deny much longer.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shirley - "Those accounts are the GB's 'Golden Parachute' when the fecal matter hits the air-moving device and they have to amscray off U.S. soil."

Which (if true) suggests that they expect the fit to hit the shan sooner or later... EDIT: and don't want to tip off anyone to the existence of said parachutes just yet; hence the KH land-grab.

x

Personally, I think guys like Lett and Morris would prefer to crash-and-burn with the Org, rather than bugger off with their tails between their legs, but I could be wrong.

• username
    username
    Nope vidiot I believe Lett and Morris will be the first to jump ship. Something that struck me on the type/antitype study article. The governing body are described as suddenly disappearing before the great tribulation (or Armageddon) starts. I couldn't help thinking when the doo doo truly does hit the fan, the members of the governing body will be ushered out the back door so to speak like the cowards they are proving to be!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Getting "raptured" off to South America with their little nest eggs, huh?

At this point, I suspect that all the current nagging for money is because they anticipate losing their tax-exempt status...

...they've (stupidly, arrogantly, or crazily, take your pick) handed their current legal opponents a nearly foolproof weapon to use against them, by refusing to provide a GB member for testimony, and refusing to provide the pedo database as evidence.

• Half banana
    Half banana

The Watchtower is a scam by any name yet poses as an innocent Bible based, end-of-the-world-preaching and Holy Roller religion.

They are acutely aware of financial trouble looming ahead... and financial trouble is the only one which counts. No money equals no prestige for the leadership.

The demeaning and desperate begging for funds and heartless money grabbing is without precedent and gives ample evidence that they are well and truly rattled. Big J is not helping them!

There has always been a Freudian streak in their declarations whereby they have shifted their financial concerns into the religious frame, as you mentioned Stuckinarut, the “unusual demands” etc must be met. Having then set the idea up, we can imagine this to increase as they get bemired with more problems, paedophilia settlements and taxation et al. They clearly have seen the writing on the wall or more specifically; the alarming accountant’s annual reports to their bank. So the financial anxieties of the WTBTS are translated into 'satanic persecution'. This is presented to the dumb faithful as fulfilment of prophecy (which they never once have got right). And the sheep will bleat but still follow...

Building on your thought Username, the cynic in me thinks that the GB, (who see themselves as the only “true” anointed!) will bugger off with the remaining cash before the total collapse of the organisation, indeed possibly to South America. Is this what they cryptically mean by the rapture?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Regardless of why they stocked up on the cash, if they blow the money (on lawsuits, settlements, Faberge' eggs) it will run out. The arrangement with the congregations will not sustain itself for decades. While it it true that each congregation should be able to keep sending some money, the amounts will drop as members die off and are not replaced. Congregations will slowly dissolve. Many JW's don't give that much, as they feel they give so much time and effort, and that will continue, no matter the pressure to give more.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

Half banana

bugger off with the remaining cash

Not possible as long as they are a non-profit organization. Once they lose this non-profit status, then it will be possible for them to dish out the remaining cash. After all the changes made to to bOrg structure puts the seven of them at the top.

This dishing out the cash will have its legal problems, but I suspect it can be done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit