TV Broadcast - December 2014

by Listener 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Listener
    Listener

A widow with 3 dependant children

The JW widow was having a lot of trouble paying her bills and the family was poor. She had a visit from 2 Elders who sat down with her and discussed her situation. They did not offer her any financial assistance, instead the video goes on to say how it is better to give than recieve and explained how this family were able to give to the organization.

Twice they showed the family eating at a table and the only food in their bowls was rice.

Max Larson

There is some old footage with Max Larson talking about his work at World Headquarters. He worked closely with Knorr, this is part of what he said on the video

..."And he said (Knorr) I just got a call, Pappy just went home, That is, he got a call from San Diago. Pappy was Rutherford that died..."

According to the dictionary Pappy is another word for father. The organization have condemned the Catholics for calling priests 'father'.

W62 9/15

CHECK YOUR BIBLE

For example, at Matthew 23:9 Jesus said: “Call none your father upon earth: for one is your Father, who is in heaven.” (Douay) The surrounding verses show that Jesus condemned other religious titles, such as “Rabbi.” Compare the Lord’s teaching with the Catholic practice of addressing priests by the title “Father.” It requires no trickery to convince sincere people that Catholic practice is in error.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Much as I appreciate your report of the broadcast, and a good point is made in the first example......I feel the second one is a tad pendantic. We once a loveable old boy in the congo (as unlike JFR as could be).. This guy was liked by all due to his warm nature. A lot of the bro's called hip "Pop"

Are you saying that we were wrong, or hypocrites? I don't think so.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I can't even bring myself to watch it....

• Listener
    Listener

We've got a guy at work who's nickname is Pop also, he also has a warm and has a fartherly nature about himself. In contrast Rutherford had virtually no endearing qualities. He was the head of the organization and recognised as such.

If Rutherford did happen to deserve the name Pappy in an affectionate way it doesn't negate the fact that the organization points their finger at the Catholics for calling their elders, father and are going against bible instruction in doing so.

• Mr Negative
    Mr Negative

The first part is incredibly inane - a whole load of nothing about singing. Then the guilt-trips for time and money kick in. Then the propaganda starts with the tour of Bethel in Germany. The whole thing is just horrible, really.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

• factfinder
    factfinder

I found the video visit to the Germany branch interesting although I wish they had said how many books and magazines were printed there last year.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I'm confused, where is this video? I don't see a link.

• alanv
  • coalize
    coalize

I had a big nausea looking at this video!

The message is clear : " Even if you don't have enough money to eat correctly, give it to us anyway"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit