What's Your Favorite Perfume or Cologne?

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I wore "Obsession" for years, but it bothers a lot of people, so now I just have it at home, and will put it on a cotton ball to scent my house when I feel like I want things to smell Wonderful. :))

Other Calvin Klein products appeal, especially CK1 or CKOne ..... ahhh ......... on a guy OR a gal ....

Um, also "Opium" ........... has been a perfume that has always been for me.

Agreed on the first comment for men, Drakkar Noir ,,,, yum! Hugo Boss is also *ahem* ....... smells good.

I like the smell of a man or woman who starts the day fresh, and works up a good sweat. Healthy, and well, you know ... pheromones and such.

t

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, my "Auntie" (really my cousin) wore "An Evening in Paris" ............... ahhhhhhhhhh!

I still love that scent. Some of the old-fashioned ones are the bestest!

t

• LV101
    LV101

Some of the oldie but goodies must have to be ordered online - My Sin was popular about the time Chanel No. 5 hit the world and what my Grandmother had. I never see some of the old classics around but not looking for them. Remember the one called Poison (by Dior? deep purple-ish bottle) and it was very popular and smelled good on some - not as popular as Obsession which I loved but Poison was also pretty good. Also there was Estee Lauder Youth Dew - potent stuff for ladies in the 60s. Some we appreciate on others but not ourselves.

One of the big phases was Angel by Terri Mugler in that cool, blue, star-shaped bottle - it had scents of chocolate, supposedly. I'd try to wear it but just couldn't. Strong stuff - thankfully, the one called Di Georgio of Beverly Hills died out. That was roadkill for awhile.

I remember a fragrance women used to wear and it always reminded me of Christmas - it was by Elizabeth Arden and it was called Memoir Cherie and smelled so good on an elderly woman I worked with - I think it was popular and ran it's course. I've never smelled anything like it and would probably think it smells awful now. It reminded me of berries or something. There's one by Trish McElvoy - I don't remember which one but there's several scents and one is a berry-ish scent, kind on the sweet side like Hanoi (sorry, someone mentioned it on the first page) and it's the classic that Madonna wears/wore/whatever. Smells good.

What memories those old fragrances bring up.

• LV101
    LV101

Oh my goodness - just remembered one of my all time favs - Cartier, the original/classic. I think it's competitively priced (long time since I've purchased) considering it's Cartier. I forget about it until I'm around a gal who wears it exclusively and it's so wonderful. One of the few my husband liked.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Acqua di gio. It was light enough not to give me a severe headache within 10 minutes and the girls at the strip clubs loved it. Most of the other stuff, no matter how much I liked it after giving it a go, always led to personal uncomfort (as in headache). Anyone else have this problem?

• LV101
    LV101

FadeToBlack - YES! I've tried new ones on at the mall and have literally ran to the restroom to soap off. Fortunately, the fragrance reps hand out the paper, test, strips today, however, you really don't know until you experiment on your skin. I think the paper, test, strip is a better selling tool because if I like it I purchase and after the box is ripped open and I've sprayed on my skin I don't feel comfortable returning. They use to give out tons of samples to regular customers but have really cut back. You'd not believe the stories the sales clerks have about people who use 75% of the fragrance bottle and return for another kind or credit claiming allergic reactions. Unreal!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The scent of an aroused woman.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Solo, by Loewe.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@LV101: even with the strips, it still seems that I need to wear it for at least 20 minutes before declaring it 'safe'. I tried a lot of stuff travelling, initially good, but later not. I'm not allergic to anything that I know of and quite tolerant of others fragrances, but it seems I can only tolerate a few on myself.

• LV101
    LV101

Fade - I know - it's definitely an exoerience. I'm apprehensive about trying it on my skin to avoid the problems of breathing/headaches, etc., ruining my shopping time.

Some fragrances others wear are difficult to be around. One of my friends 'layers' her fragrances and it almost affixiates me, but I don't want to be rude and say anything and one of them was a nice fragrance - solo, anyway. Some of the elderly ladies (80s to 90) in one of the orgs I belong to wear stuff that was popular so many decades ago and it's awful - I think some of the old classics are magnificent but some just are not. I really think modern-day fragrances have better properties or the alcohols, whatever, might be balanced - something or that some of that old stuff needs to be thrown out. It has a expiration date at some point. I don't know what it is but they must have stocked up and refuse to venture with new ones. It's crazy. When one mentioned she only wears Emerald (by Cody) I almost passed out, literally. Many times I have to move around the room if someone's fragrance bothers me.

I'm thinking our senses change so much with age, also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit