CAN WE SOLVE THE MYSTERY of why Watchtower doctrines changed when they changed?

by Terry 24 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

One premise followed by Russell, Johnson, Rutherford, and Franz (pus other groups like Armstrong) was that the Bible was a Sacred Mystery revealed only to the 'Elect'. Perfect premise for the ADHD super obsessive types.

Deeper and deeper interpretations were Signs you had the channel to God. That perpetuates itelf. The 1960s were filled with Franz's theocratic complexities.

Never mind wht a Hebrew or Greek scholar had to say, it only mattered what Vision Franz was getting from inside his apartment in Brooklyn.

• Terry
    Terry

We shouldn't overlook the nature of the character of folks of an Adventist mindset.

Keep in mind what occurred at the so-called GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT. William Miller's

followers saw a prophecy (explained in excruciating detail) REFUTED.

What do we call a refuted prophecy? FALSE.

Here is what is interesting about the character and intelligence of these people:

PLENTY OF THEM IGNORED THE FALSE aspect, and went back again and again for MORE false dates!

What am I saying?

There are certain kinds of people who are DETERMINED to be RIGHT even when disproved time and again!

What mentality is this?

Charles Taze Russell dismissed the "false" aspect of Miller's false prophecies.

Russell had this peculiar mind-set: IGNORE THE FACTS and keep on keepin' on!

When the Watchtower shits its collective pants with false dates, they will confess to the smell, but self-praise

with awkward "We were eager to see the fulfillment of Jehovah's promises."

WHAT IS THIS BIZARRE PERSONALITY TRAIT?

__________________________-

I contend that--whatever this trait is--it allows the Jehovah's Witnesses to accept more and more and more mind-numbing

doctrines.

RELIGIOUS NUMBSKULLERY!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

designs - "...it only mattered what vision Franz was getting from inside his apartment in Brooklyn."

Explains the increasing weirdness, 'specially considering the older Freddy got, the more he talked to his shoes.

• Dagney
    Dagney

A.) seperate his Jehovah's Witnesses from the Bible Students

B.) seperate his Jehovah's Witnesses from the rest of Christendom

During Rutherford's time you had a reinterpretation of Bible prophecy to fit JW's as God's organization. Fred Franz continued this and used the Bible to "prove" that organizational changes were prophecised and proof of the Watchtower's appontment

^^^ This. They made this into a war cry. And the end was "soooo close," as the years ticked by they were so invested in this mindset, re-evaluating the dogma was something they hoped they didn't have to do. They dug their heels in and put their blinders on and kept their "eyes on the prize."

• Terry
    Terry

Watchtower leaders remind me of the lady who lived in our neighborhood when I was a kid.

She couldn't stop fooling with her hair.

The color was red one day and jet black the next.

Then suddenly, she's a blonde!

She wore it long. She cut it short. She curled it and straightened it.

She bought all sorts of frightening wigs, too.

The lady would show up at the door and ask my mom, "So, what do you think?"

The only difference with the Governing Body's inclination to change, warp, distort, interpret, nullify and expand doctrine and teaching

is they never ask, "So, what do you think?"

THEY TELL YOU what to think!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit