Jehovah's Trumpet - Dangers of Superstition

by cofty 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

The latest blast of "Jehovah's Trumpet" warns us about the irrational nature of common superstitions...

The article then goes on to provide counsel on the dangers of the domonic attacks that often result from unwisely purchasing second-hand objects. The risk is demonstrated by recounting the real-life story of poor sister Lemming and her new ministry bag.

Genius satire as always! Please take some time to read the community comments.

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

Funny read. I know of elders who think that demons are everywhere

• KateWild
    KateWild

I haven't heard of this website before. Very funny read.......but clearly points out how irrational and superstitious JWs are.

Thanks

Kate xx

• Zordino
    Zordino

Marking

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Geez, this is funny stuff. Never heard of this site so read the About Us page. Nearly spit out my coffee laughing so hard. The writers are really very good, sound like they have gotten more than that "university education" you get from reading the literature. I remember all too well hearing that over and over when I was growing up. Never thought to ask who says so, that seems so laughable now. And loved the name Sister Lemming. Genius! Definitely going to investigate that site further.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Too funny.

Thanks for posting this, cofty.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

My JW mother is very superstitious, but plays it off as just being something her mother would say. I would hear things growing up like:

"Oh, a bird just flew into the window, my mother always said that means someone will die."

"I just took a chill. Mom always said that meant someone was walking over your grave."

If you call her on it, she will deny that she is superstitious, but she gets obviously upset when a bird flies into a window.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I love this site, my favorite is the one where the sisters put a hanky on their head out in service because the five year old boy with them was baptized. The satire is so well done, not over the top, just enough to illustrate the absurd nature of Watchtower beliefs.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

As usual, an outstanding "blast" from Jehovahs Trumpet!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I like the forbidden links

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit