Äkta Människor (Real Humans)

by Simon 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I'll check it out, might be on Netflix. I have seen all the Dragon tattoo movies, I don't mind the subtitles. I just finished watching a Danish series, Dicte, that had a JW angle, now I am watching Rita, another Danish series about a non conformist teacher.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

There is a series on Channel 4 starting this week, called "Humans", sounds very similar. Shame I am in Canada and won't be able to watch it until I get back.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/humans

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What, nobody on the show has a sexbot that looks like Jenna Jameson? ()

x

I've been marathoning Daredevil S1 with my kids this weekend.

it's pretty good.

• Simon
    Simon
    There is a series on Channel 4 starting this week, called "Humans", sounds very similar.

Yes, it's the same program remade as an English language version.

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

Thanks for the heads up about this Simon. I watched the original Swedish version and thought it was one of the best things I've seen on TV ever. It was really well paced and clearly a lot of thought had gone into what the consequences would be of having human like robots around and the numerous sub-plots bore this out. I found myself thinking 'Yes, that is what would happen' on many occasions.

I watched both series in a binge before I watched the Channel 4 version 'Humans'. I thought this was a poor copy. Too rushed, trying to pull together just the best bits of the original. But in doing so they missed out on a lot of the background stories, and having seen the original I was not as engaged and ultimately I was disappointed.

It was certainly thought provoking and I can see that these are issues that society will face over the coming decades.

Highly recommended! :)

• Prefect
    Prefect

Simon, you recommended Game of Thrones to us and we are addicted.

Will try this and see if we can get hooked.

Thanks

• Simon
    Simon
    I thought this was a poor copy. Too rushed, trying to pull together just the best bits of the original. But in doing so they missed out on a lot of the background stories, and having seen the original I was not as engaged and ultimately I was disappointed.

Yeah, it's a good show but not as good as the original. The characters and the story lines are more complex and it just seems grittier.

I'm going to watch both though.

you recommended Game of Thrones to us and we are addicted.

Other good things to consider watching:

Breaking Bad (didn't appeal to me for the longest time, turns out it's awesome)

Dexter (well, upto the end of season 5 and then read the ending that director wanted)

Once Upon a Time (yeah, cheesy ... but enjoyable)

We're just re-watching seasons 1 and 2 of Heroes (so much promise) before giving the Reborn show a try.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm stoked for "The Expanse".

The books are awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit