How would YOU like to die - At home with your family, or in Hospital with Strangers

by fulltimestudent 32 Replies latest social current

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like his four passengers!

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

I have aready donated my whole body to the Anatomy Department of an Universtiy in my country. But I still hope I will never die. Just Lets us wait and see!!!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Stan Laurel to his nurse, " I'd rather be sking than doing this"

Nurse:- " I didn't know you skied"

Laurel :- " I don't, but i'd rather be sking than doing this"

That was a nice way to die, with a smile and laugh.......

• pbrow
    pbrow

OUBLIETTE..... DAMN..... Three day old post and you beat me to it by a few hours!!!!

May Allahovah or Jehallavah curse you!!

pbrow

• Magnum
    Magnum

I've actually given this a good bit of thought in the past year or two, and my answer is neither at home with family nor in a hospital with strangers. If there were no pain involved and I knew beforehand that I was going to die, I'd like to hike up into the mountains or into a beautiful semi-desert landscape like in the American west, and die at night under the stars as I looked up and contemplated. Even now, I love to go off by myself at night and just be alone. I love to gaze into the sky and wonder.

My big fear is that I will die with unanswered questions. I still have not decided whether I believe in a creator. Even though I'm aware of a lot of evidence against it, I still have not made a decision as to whether to believe the Bible. I still wonder how the universe came into existence. I want answers, but I think I'm going to die clueless.

• prologos
    prologos

Magnum, To die with beauty surrounding you would be great IF you are lucid enough. The patriarchs are reported to have died SATISFIED, Others like you or for example Einstein died with their notebooks in their hand trying to solve the lingering problems.

I came within 15 minutes of dying -of a heart attack- doing one of my favored things surfing, as a matter of fact the day before in front of a great wave I thought " My life ismade, that's it I am ready to pack in--" will not make that mistake again.

family would be my choice, because it would show they are still united.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I heard it this way:

I'd like to go like my grandfather: peacefully in his sleep.

not screaming in terror like the people in his car as he drove over a cliff.

I remember driving home from work when my children were still young. (youngest now 26). I felt a sharp pain in my chest and I said out loud, "Is this it Father...if so...that's OK with me." The pain eventually went away and when I got home I told my wife of the incident... The look I got I'll never forget as she blurted out," Yeah, it may be OK with you, but what about us?"

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think it might all depend on what condition you are in .

Whether you are in pain , If you are aware of your surroundings , or even whose present at your bedside ?

Whether your in control of your bodily functions or not ?

It would all depend on my circumstances at the time , their are too many ifs and what have yous .

smiddy

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Why die at all?

• prologos
    prologos

rattigan,--WHY w die at all? I read a book by a doctor titled "How we die" the basic answer: " we are STARVING to death, from the germanic word "Sterben" to die. it could be

a) lack of oxigen, many interrelated causes, cells starved of energy; including

lack of brain function, transmission of vital imulses,

b) starved of nutrition, because stomach, intestine, vital organ malfubction, heart failure, blood flow.

In his work, describing the WHY and HOW of starvation he did not mentioned a talking snake at all included in the WHY and HOW.

A wish in the choice of circumstances of final starvation: painless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit