So its the Elders School this Weekend.......

by Slidin Fast 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

I grew up as a gay JW and let me tell you it is a hellish nightmare! I stayed closeted until I was an adult as I knew I would lose my family should they find out prior, and I knew I couldn't handle it as a teen. The grand majority of all gay people realize they are gay at 12-14 years of age, just when a heterosexual figures it out. It is absolutely NOT a choice and NOTHING is going to change your sexuality. I tried for YEARS and it only caused horrible emotional damage. I can't even begin to explain the guilt that I had thinking that God hated me for something I couldn't help. As an adult I came out and sure enough my family rejected me, but at least I was able to care for myself and had friends outside of the religion first. I recently watched the Tony Tight Pants video of him mocking gays and how they want men to wear tight pants, so gross of him. As almost impossible as it sounds it seems as if they are much worse in hating gay people now then when I was younger. I am fully disgusted with this cult! My heart aches for all the poor young gay kids who will go through this same hell if not worse...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Fast forward 6 months and there is an reinstatement application (he has moved to the other side of the US). This is rejected. Two points - what message do you think they are trying to put across (BE STRICTER, LESS MERCIFUL).

Why was the reinstatement rejected? Was it because 6 MONTHS was not long enough for repentance? This seems to be the recent thinking and most reinstatements are taking at least a year.

Thoughts?

Doc

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

From what I remember, the cong that the brother moved to thought he was great because he went to all the meetings - didn't ask him any in depth questions. The original committee makes the decision though, so they reckoned that 6 months was too little as he had been devious and had repeatedly sinned. It was all a bit exagerated to make a point. Other aspects of appeals were then discussed. They could have used an example where the committee were too strict and still covered every point, but that would have sent out the wrong message.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yea 6 months is too short to show repentance. Two local congregations got their hands slapped by the branch within the last year for reinstating people too quickly. The story is, the branch feels its hard to get df'd now and that mercy is shown so much that if you df'd it must be bad

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I was on a JC a few years ago and had the same thing - reinstated after 6 months and got letter from branch questioning us why. Funnily enough, the only bible example they can ever point to is the "df" in 1 Corinthians followed by the "reinstatement" in 2 Corinthians. Guess how long they reckon there was inbetween the two letters? 6 months or so!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I dont know about you SHFF but the reaction from the bodies locally was "never again". The cult managed to get the message accross with crystal clarity.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Wow: It's hard to get DFed.

The reality is far, far different.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Slightly off topic, but do they still rent out hotel venues to have these things? I went to a couple of schools, one at a KH as a servant, and one at a hotel as an Elduh.

I remember the one at the hotel meeting space distinctly, it was right during a holiday weekend, can't remember for sure but I think it was Xmas rather than Thanksgiving. It creeped my true personality out as here were at least 300 elduhs dressed up in cheap suits on a weekend where obviously no business meeting would be taking place. I could see the weird looks that other guest were shooting toward us as a group.

No doubt they booked the space at rock bottom rates simply because there would be no other takers for a weekend right up against a holiday. Simply another bad witness that the WTBTS is too fucking stupid to recognize.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Londo- from the cults perspective, of course. Your results will vary

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Looking forward to hearing your insights....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit