A picture of a WT dream

by Sour Grapes 27 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxie
    galaxie

Is god wondering.. who built the stone bridge with an arch using design technology by the ancient pagan mason architects!!?

• prologos
    prologos

galaxie, easy, the stone-age resurrected ones build the bridge, cottage, walls. all modern advancement was lost at armageddon.

JWs build their theologies ona sone-bronze age book, and that will be so in paradise.

Sour Grapes, BSW, why did you leave the "E" out of the "WT" in your title?

• Zordino
    Zordino

This illustration depicts the fantasy world that WT wants to implant in the cult members minds. If you ask a JW drone about the impossibility that this image represents in the real world of nature, they will just give you a blank stare and say the usual " Jehovah can make anything happen" he's all powerful, all knowing. .blah blah blah....

its pointless to try. I know this because I was a drone once.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I thought it said wet dream.

Though that pic may induce a wet dream in somebody with a panda fetish.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Is this is something new in this picture, too? -- they are showing people with HOBBIES!! There are people sailing, fishing, and even setting up a tripod for photography.

If you see a JW doing any of that stuff today, you'd wonder at their (low) spiritual condition and how much time they might be spending in these terrible time-wasting, refuse-like pursuits!

Bah!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

And.................the incongruous waterfall, always a bloody waterfall.

Looking more closely I can make out 3 of the damned things in this picture of watchtower paradise.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

And why does Jesus have a damn white beard!?? If a person is perfect, he's supposed to never grow old, right??

• rmt1
    rmt1

What might be useful to questioning cult members is some web server showing every last image of this type that can be collated and curated by knowledgeable persons, placing it in its year of release, its original publication, perhaps later publications. There's got to be 40 or so years now of this kind of image. Plenty of quality color images since the 4 color presses. You could get a lot of good statistical data from such an ensemble.

Just as a prediction: Do the houses / places of residence in the image reveal the latent deferred materialism of the cult member consumer, with arguable resolution in terms of average residential square footage of median incomes of that year, architectural vogue. Quantifiable things. How does the depiction of diversity change over time? Can you identify intrusions of realism as a function of time?

• Bloody Hotdogs!
  • cha ching
    cha ching

My sister, an artist,was looking at this picture and (besides the notation that there are four waterfalls –one behind the front guys head) said “This looks like a Thomas Kinkade picture, it looks like they took bits and pieces of them. If you knew who he was you could see it” … So I looked him up. She sent me this link:

http://onlyartblog.wordpress.com/tag/idyllic/

Willow Tree Waterfall Blossoms

Read the comment below the last picture re: Thomas Kinkad: “He was known for his idyllic paintings. He has also become America ’s most collected living artist. I think that his painting style was beautiful. For me, these scenes are too perfect . Life isn’t like that , but I can see how this would appeal to a lot of people.

Now….

Look up to the right hand top side of the picture…. What colors do you see? Notice the pink and white blossoms…

Remind you of anything? (so close to the painting of the WT)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit