really? they are going 'out in service' today?

by sowhatnow 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep, we have all looked like a bunch of crazed idiots for Jeehoober sock-puppet and the Gibbering Buddies.

DD

• Pterist
    Pterist

Knock at the door in the middle of the Chicago v Detroit game

fellows says "good after noon, we are JW with some good news"

sorry fellas I'm celebrating thanks - giving and freedom from religion, want some turkey ?

LOL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

good grief shes only going out because the circus overseer is visiting she'd never go out if he wasn't there.

This shouldn't be surprising, JWs are hyped up around a CO visit prior to him arriving, why because the CO's reviews

the publishing records for the whole congregation.

Elders know that.

So they are hyped up to get closer to the CO who supposed to have great spiritual insight to what is being transcended down from headquarters.

If you get a chance to go out in service with the CO, its seen as a great privilege for each individual.

Imagine going out in service with a man who is actually closer to the holy spirit. of god himself ..... Wow

• TheMark
    TheMark

I've always felt going out in service on holidays to be a serious invasion of privacy. Just couldn't get myself to do it.

I wonder if Tony went out in service this morning?

• kairos
    kairos

I never did any holiday witnessing.

I heard an experience of a witnesses at the door on Christmas.

The householder said: "Jesus Christ!! Even on Christmas"!!

Then slams the door.

Perfect

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is a bad idea to do field circus when people are with family (Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, Easter) or are probably sleeping in (such as New Years). Staying out too long in the afternoon on Halloween is asking for trouble. I did Thanksgiving my first year in, and most people were cooking turkeys. They would need to threaten to drug me back in, and threaten me with something like Seroquel to get me to ever do field circus (or an Israel mission of any length) on a holiday like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, or Easter again.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

it seems common sense takes a vacation when being a jw

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, they are no-doubt going out to preach against the evils of Thanksgiving.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I am very proud to say that I never participated in "field service" (that term sounds like we are draft animals out plowing a field to get our meager portion of hay) that was on any of the holidays. I knew from a very early age that doing that was not only rude but it had the likelihood of doing much more damage than good, even when I believed that we had a positive message that could help people.

On the other hand, I have uber-zealous (aka- obnoxious), self-righteous JW relatives that were no less than THRILLED to go out knocking on doors on the holidays. They get off on the tension and false feeling of superiority as if they are so righteous that they are like the Apostle Paul or something like that. Willing to put themselves in scorn's way for their god.

All I can say when I think of my obnoxious relatives and other Jdub-zombies is....... THANKS!!! Thanks for being part of the reason I finally woke up to this horse feces religion.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

People don't like being bothered on Saturday mornings either, holiday or not. Actually I never met anyone who was happy to have strangers show up unannounced at their door with religious motivation. I freely admitted to hating field service. I was told my problem was that I didn't pray enough. So I prayed and prayed and God sent me a book called Crisis of Conscience which made everything a lot better.

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit