What Made You Finally Wake Up?

by Tenacious 39 Replies latest social current

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Health risk...seriously, I was 60lbs (2011) overweight with a bad habit of using food as a medication. I had two major ulcers and cardio problems. I could not handle the stress of having to please everyone, deal with being an elder, petty jealousies and that witnesses are the amongst the few in creation that "eat" their weak. So I just ate to comfort myself. Gods laws are not burdensome but JW's laws are - to the tune of 60lbs in my case which I have shed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What Made You Finally Wake Up?

Realizing the intentional inherent corruption of the WTS. in creating doctrines (commercial appealing) to promote the proliferating of its

published goods. (fear mongering enacted by charlatanism)

Never could faithfully resolve within myself that god would have specifically choose these men which they had

accordingly self empowered themselves with.

The Judge (Rutherford) really got to be the Judge after all, maybe even a more noted powerful one at that.

To be subservient to that corruption wasn't into my taste because I could see the harm it was causing people.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Welcome to JWN Tenacious. Always nice to see others waking up!

The following thread is where I fully 'woke up', after coming on here to defend the Watchtower at first. I guarantee it'll make you think.

Start from the beginning if you want to, but page 13 is where I came in..
    Feel free to look at the thread sometime, and post if you feel like it.

(The subject is: why does God allow animals to suffer?)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/222352/13/Theists-why-does-God-allow-suffering

• kaik
    kaik

For me it was book Revelation, It is grand climax at the hand. We studied this book around 1992-1993 and I thought it was all BS. It was not making any sense. Some unimportant conventions in 1920's in place that I could not find on map represented the trumphets, and other nonsense that confirmed me that it was false religion with invented theology that I walked away right after the book study was over.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    The following thread is where I fully 'woke up', after coming on here to defend the Watchtower at first. I guarantee it'll make you think.

Initially I would visit this site with the same intention.

Naturally I did not register but rather tried to prove or disprove what was being posted.

That was the beginning of the end for me and continuing to believe in the WT teachings.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

My first inkling that I wanted out, was that I dreaded going to the meetings. I was happy afterwards, becuase it was OVER. I liked to see people, but I squirmed at the long, boring meetings.

Then, we had to go to a district convention in Tampa. There, a woman got up on the podium and said how terrible college was. She quit college and went back to pioneering. I was about 15 years old, and wanted to go to college. My parents told me I was going to college, but to just ingore this person and not say a thing about it a the Hall. They had gone to college after 1975. So, i felt a disconnect that it was ok to not believe everything the WTS said. This was about 1983.

In 1984/85ish, I had advanced placement classes, physics, math, etc. Even though this stuff was "hard", it was easy and I clearly understood every step in the problems and theories. But, I couldn't wrap my head around 1914. It seemed like the WTS was jumping through the Bible to make it say what they wanted. Their reasoning didn't sit right with me. If this was such an important date, why didn't Jehovah just say so. Why did He have to make it jumping around the bible, squinting your eye, to read that the "Generation of 1914 would not pass away." At the same time, I had harder classes and now a part-time job. I didn't feel like going out in service, becuase the teachings just didn't smell right to me. So, it was pretty easy to let my door-to-door drop. Then, an elder approached me. I told him I wanted to go to college, and disagreed with the assembly teacher. He tried to tell me that college was bad, but he, himself, was a doctor! So, I called him out on it. I just saw it all so hypocritical. I pretty much just left/faded/went on to college, career, started a family after that. But, I still didn't know TTAT.

Then, in 2004/2005, it was www.ajwrb.org that led me to really question. Once I saw the blood faction hypocrisy, I lost any shred of JWism. I saw the WTS in the same light as the twisted tongue of Satan.

Skeeter

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

My Son left and I tried to get

him back in. Instead he got me out.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Seeing the fairy tale teachings for what they really are....made up beliefs designed to manipulate the gullible.....

• kairos
    kairos

The lack of love coupled with obvious hypocricy.

That caused me to stop service and regularly attending.

My extensive, unauthorized research on "Satan's Internet"© kept me from returning

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It was a number of things, and initially it wasn't my intention to look at apostate material. It was just a question I had that I was unable to find any statistical on it in the magerzines. So having exhausted all avenues there, I googled it and low and behold I had an answer with in seconds. It quite startled me actually, and from there the whole thing fell apart. I always believe direct apostasy never works. There always has to be a trigger point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit