FINDING a logical way of seeing problems of RACE, RELIGION, TERRORISM

by Terry 24 Replies latest social current

• Terry
    Terry

HARD QUESTIONS lead to problematic answers. (i.e. "tricky, complicated, and controversial.)

Why?

Emotions stem from values and values are personal. (No two people share identical sets of values.)

Emotions skew our ability to use rational thinking. Subjective bias skews objective conclusions.

I'd like to illustrate this very human tendency to avoid SOLVING problems by the acts of deflection and pollution rather than logic.

I'm going to ask 3 simple questions.

I'd like as many people as possible to answer it whatever way seems best to you.

As the replies come rolling in, let's look for emotion-based argument vs. fact-based argument.

Let's keep an eye out for adjectives which seek to modify the emotion content of the argument.

Here is the premise of my question:

In our world TODAY, there are people who riot, destroy property, kill and vocalize grievance IN TERMS OF RACE.

I would like a one-sentence answer to the question: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Now, let's modify the question slightly.

New premise:

In our world there are people who riot, destroy property, kill and vocalize grievance IN TERMS OF RELIGION.

Final question:

What--if anything--do these two groups share in common about their effectiveness in SOLVING the problem which enrages them?

PLEASE IDENTIFY SPECIFICALLY and do NOT generalize.

Thank you for participating.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

Borderline or full on psycopathic prejudiced intolerant bigots.

(Bit like the old testemant god and his servants)

• Terry
    Terry

That's a bit too general for the purpose of this topic.

Can you specifically identify who fits your criteria of " psychopathic prejudiced intolerant bigots"?

Example: Cherokee tribes. Arabs. Mongolians under Genghis Khan, etc.

• vacaypioneer
    vacaypioneer

In our world TODAY, there are people who riot, destroy property, kill and vocalize grievance IN TERMS OF RACE.

These people are individuals who have or are currently at a systematic disadvantages or are the racial minority.

In our world there are people who riot, destroy property, kill and vocalize grievance IN TERMS OF RELIGION.

These people are individuals who have or are currently at a systematic disadvantages or are the religious minority.

What--if anything--do these two groups share in common about their effectiveness in SOLVING the problem which enrages them?

They can not change the minds of people who have the power when they want them to.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

" Can you specifically identify who fits your criteria of " psychopathic prejudiced intolerant bigots"?"

Anyone that causes harm or loss to others for reasons based on prejudice

• Terry
    Terry

These replies are GENERAL and not SPECIFIC.

Can you identify by specificity persons or groups who fall under your general descriptions?

i.e. Mongol invaders, Vikings, Sinn Fein, Khalaya Al-Jihad Al-Emirati, etc.

• vacaypioneer
    vacaypioneer

Asians, Blacks, Whites

Asians, Blacks, Whites

• Terry
    Terry

We're getting closer . . .

Let's adjust the knob on the microscope and ZOOM IN.

Which: Blacks, Whites, Asians?

Any specific examples of rioting, looting, murder.

For example, in the last 20 years, has the Klu Klux Klan rioted, looted, murdered as WHITE SUPREMECISTS?

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

Those answers are very specific, as they directly answer your points.

1) Oppressed ethnic minorities riot against the ethnic majority. If it's the ethnic majority, they genocide, lynch, ethnically cleanse, whatever for other reasons, outside of oppression. Your question is a difference between power and not. You literally cannot get any more specific of an answer than that - any other answer would not cover the breadth of the question.

2) Is similar. It's religious minority against a majority group. Terrorism is done by the group without the power. Etc. Very similar answer.

3) Would be "they use violence to lash out against those they feel are in power."

Simple, direct answers to your questions. Why are you trying to get people to give logically flawed answers?

• Terry
    Terry

PACOPOOLIO:

Those answers are very specific, as they directly answer your points.

1) Oppressed ethnic minorities riot against the ethnic majority. If it's the ethnic majority, they genocide, lynch, ethnically cleanse, whatever for other reasons, outside of oppression. Your question is a difference between power and not. You literally cannot get any more specific of an answer than that - any other answer would not cover the breadth of the question.

2) Is similar. It's religious minority against a majority group. Terrorism is done by the group without the power. Etc. Very similar answer.

3) Would be "they use violence to lash out against those they feel are in power."

Simple, direct answers to your questions. Why are you trying to get people to give logically flawed answers?

Oppressed how? Oppressed by whose definition? For example, women could say they are sexually oppressed by men. But, do they hit the streets rioting,

breaking windows, carrying off loot, or shooting innocent bystanders?

There are probably thousands of self-identified "oppressed" groups in the USA at any time who do NOT riot, loot or kill.

Illegal aliens are one example of an oppressed minority ethnic group (by their definition), but who don't resort to terrorism.

I'm trying to understand--FOR ONE EXAMPLE--why certain communities of BLACK people resort to criminal activity of this sort to the exclusion of other minority groups.

What makes their behavior unique?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit