Ferguson Situation reinforcing my family's delusions. Is it doing the same to yours?

by Yondaime 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Lol they keep saying that this is truly satans system and all that crap.How people in the world are so judgemental and crazy.

Anyone else getting sick of this?

• HereticLegion
    HereticLegion

I'm sick of it too. I wonder though if they thought it was the end during the LA riots 22 years ago.

• Simon
    Simon

Social unrest is always unsettling but always passes and the world continues.

Don't go worrying about Armageddon :)

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Its shameful, people are so swift to judge when very few were actually present for the event. Stories have been sensationalized, experiences ignored, racist who jump at the opportunity to vent frustration....its one big mess, a misrepresentation of the black race, and true nightmare I wish would go away.

• Finkelstein
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

No big deal toward Armageddon. And it is NOT Satan's doing--Satan is very much AGAINST race baiting (which this is a blatant example of). Satan is also very much against people blowing up their own neighborhoods because they do not like a decision on a criminal case--all that does is trashes their own future and opens the door to communism. The jokehovian witlesses blame Satan--just reading the third chapter of Genesis blatantly shows where the real blame for our problems is. And it is not with Satan.

Also, putting this into perspective with other disasters. We had World War II, in which Hitler was dragged into a war for being too prosperous, and then blamed for atrocities (to this date, it is a crime in certain areas to not believe what would be exposed as a blatant lie if people were allowed to freely discuss the evidence). Armageddon was forecast, but never came from that.

We had that Yom Kippur war against Israel in 1973. While not a great war, it did unleash our energy crisis. The energy crisis created a major recession lasting well into the mid 1970s, and there was another energy crisis on top of that one in early 1979. Did we see Armageddon come as a result of that?

In 1992, we saw the same rubbish where people destroyed their own neighborhood in response to a similar "injustice", that one where the case was more in favor of the plaintiffs. Many cities also saw protests, not all of them peaceful, in response to that incident. Did that degenerate to Armageddon?

What about the terror attack of September 11, 2001? Again, there were widespread lies about who caused it. Those lies got us into two stupid wars in the Middle East. It also made flying that much more difficult--another question about going to Israel on that mission this spring. Did we see Armageddon as a result of that terror attack, other attacks where people blew up buildings or subways when they were crowded, or the wars that these attacks spawned?

We have been seeing riots in the Middle East--those riots were not protesting an unpopular decision on a criminal case, but protesting the governments' tyranny. Arab Spring--2011. Did that degenerate into Armageddon?

Around the same time, we had the Japan earthquake that wrecked the nuclear power plants. This spewed radioactive wastes into the Pacific. Again, lies about the cause of the earthquake and tsunami make finding the truth very difficult, and there are ADL trolls that will silence any rational debate about it and force the official story upon the people. Did that result in Armageddon?

Going ahead, this riot caused by a perceived miscarriage of justice (real or not) will be nothing compared to when the dollar becomes toilet paper. Wait until people realize their dollars are worthless--I predict the deluxe version of these riots around the Fed. The government is going to lose its power if they cannot enforce things because people don't show up for work to get paid in toilet papers. There will be looting in cities everywhere, much fueled by necessity. Most people will not be able to afford anything, and those who can will have to adjust to paying in silver or gold instead of toilet papers. Yet, I do not see even that leading to Armageddon.

Yet, the Grand Daddy of them all was the Inquisition. All the wisdom was destroyed back then. The cat lick leaders rounded up whole cities and slaughtered everyone that had any wisdom. Everyone else was enslaved. What "knowledge" the cat lick church pushed on the public, every bit as full of lies as what the ADL today pushes on us, was all we got. The earth was flat, the planets physically revolved around the earth (the Sun included), and you could fall off the edge of the earth. This Dark Age spawned the plague, which wiped out most of Europe. Did we get Armageddon from that?

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Ferguson is a shame. Race baiting, and arguements over what boils down to a cultural lack of empathy for their fellow human beings.

the cop was scarred of a big young black kid and panicked. He wasn't just following his training. he was scarred, and should not have been, not will be again...a cop.

the kid was not a little angel ready to go off to college. He just robbed a store, and attacked a cop.

A few hundred people riot and loot and burn their own community to get free stuff. Not for any other reason.

The media latches onto it because it makes good TV, everyone picks a side (both sides are the wrong side), and JW's lament "this old world".

I'm sure this will repeat itself several times over.

• talesin
    talesin

To the OP.

I agree, and so happy I don't have to listen to that drivel anymore. NOT being in contact with the JWS is such a relief!

Every disaster is a 'sign of the times' - it's like entering a Twilight Zone - they are repeating the same thing from when I was a child.

Stay strong, and try to keep your sense of humour.

xx

tal

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I spoke with a JW a short while ago and made the point that though there were hot spots of trouble in the world, where terrible, awful, things were going on, the rest of the 8 Billion folk on this Planet are generally living a life of peace and happiness.

The Deer in the Headlights look was a picture to see, this balanced view had never been offered to him before.

• PhilJonesIII
    PhilJonesIII

WTWizard : 'We had World War II, in which Hitler was dragged into a war for being too prosperous, and then blamed for atrocities.....'.

I'd be first to agree that the punitive measures that came out of the Versailles Treaty after WWI provided a thin excuse for war but to suggest Hitler was a scapegoat is stretching it I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit