Examining the Watchtower daily

by kairos 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kairos
    kairos

...I mean Scriptures.

Wow, how did I miss this.

Open up you Examining the Scriptures Daily ( "daily text" )

The booklet is about 80% Watchtower comments. Maybe more.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I know right. It's like this other misnomer: Congregation Bible Study, where they actually study, not the Bible, but a Watchtower publication.

• Island Man
    Island Man

[DUPLICATE POST]

• Magnum
    Magnum

You're exactly right. In fact, nowhere in JW land are the Scriptures really examined at all.

I got to the point that I began to view that booklet as a total waste and quit reading it altogether. It just wasted my time and kept me ignorant. I wish I could get back all the wasted time I spent in JWdom. I'd do a real examining of the Scriptures.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

And Magnum, not just the bible, but any declared "book of wisdom". I would have liked to have spent that time taking a look also at Jung, Taoism, I Ching, bhadgad Vita (or whatever it's called)' Bhuddism, the Koran, Islam, native beliefs, Wicca, the whole lot of human wisdoms and knowledge and stupidities too. But I just don't have the energy or inclination any more. Now I just want to enjoy my grandchildren and live my life, what is left of it! :)

- Muddy gal

• kairos
    kairos

Check today's "text". March 12 2015, sentence 2:

"Jehovah wants our faith in him to be built on evidence and sound reasoning, not on human philosophy or religious traditions."

This is a blatant lie. Why?

They claim to know God's thoughts. ( Yet, they have no evidence to support those claims )

They do not value evidence or sound reasoning. ( higher education is bad )

Everything Watchtower does is based on the Governing Body's philosophy or tradition not sound reasoning. There is simply zero evidence God is directing ANY organization, let alone communicating with Stephen Lett or Tony Morris from the heavens...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Bible is just a prop.

• kairos
    kairos
    I'm convinced that witnesses do not understand the definition of evidence.
  • prologos
    prologos
    kairos: substitute GB for jehovah and you get the drift, and all these "comments" are actually reprints of previous wt magazine articles, as listed at the bottom. so if you meditate on jehovah , talk to jehovah, and all you know about jehovah comes from the wt magazines, your mind is controlled. We read the text every day to expose that mind control, the fallacies. To illustrate today's text case, if a young man fantasizes about a lady, dreams about that lady, thinks what he is going to say to that lady, this lady(concept)* has taken over his mind, so the GB under the guise of jehovah is trying to take over the minds of their slaves. So if you read the text, it is an excellent tool to expose wt techniques, plant liberation seeds, and if one participant is unbaptized, to get in your 4 hours without ever knocking at doors, caring for carts. *the lady might be totally unaware of that controlled mind, or not even really exist.
  • hoser
    hoser
    My stopping reading the daily propaganda helped release my mind from the bonds of darkness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit