My day

by Hortensia 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Haven't been to lake Shasta in 15 years love the caves. Beautiful country.

• fiddler
    fiddler

I have pics of Mt Shasta from the highway and even from that vantage point she is beautiful! Haven't seen the view of Lassen and Shasta together but do occasionally get to see 4 of the ring of fire volcanoes all together on a clear day from Bald Peak in Oregon! (Those would be Jefferson, Hood, Adams and St. Helens. )

sounds like you had A great day and my kinda day for sure!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Talesin - I love a rainy, cozy day. And I hope you get to take all the walks you want next fall.

Frankie - It's still amazingly beautiful here, I hope climate change doesn't destroy all the wonderful forests. Shasta Lake is so low, it's very sad. Today I could see grass growing on the lake bed where the water used to be very deep.

Fiddler, if you ever come this way, let me know. We can drive up a few mountains for the views, or go have coffee at Seven Suns.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

My day was kind of a waste of time also, but in a good way. Slept through the morning and got up at noon. Then had 'breakfast' with my hubby (everyday the same ritual: fruit in yogurt with a hand of mixed nuts and a bit of honey... love that!).

After that we went to a seaside resort where in the summertime literaly millions of people visit, but at the moment it's nearly a ghost town (compared to the summer). So good for us locals to be sure there's place on our favorite terrace for a cappuccino (or two, or three). Hubby and I sat there for about two hours, in the sun (nearly 25 degrees Celsius/ 77 degrees Fahrenheit, which is very nice for this time of year).

Then I had to go to a make-up store to buy a present for my daughter, who's having her birthday next week. After that we went for something to eat at Burger King (not our usual place for a bite, but they ran out of tuna sandwiches in the previous place, and our favorite restaurant is closed for their yearly vacation after being open 7 days a week for the last seven months). Burger King happened to be the first place we ran into where they had food (or something that looks like it ).

With our bellies filled again we went to a computer store to buy some things that hubby needed, after that to the supermarket for cat food and then we drove back home and on the go we enjoyed the sunset in the Andalusian mountains (we saw snow too, far away on the Sierra Nevada! The first snow this year!).

The rest of the evening we had work to do, which wasn't bad at all after the lovely afternoon we had had.

So, that was my day yesterday in sunny Spain.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Bruja del Sol - that sounds lovely. I like that kind of day, no rush, no agenda, hanging out but still getting a couple of things done.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Mmmmm Jack In The Box Tacos

so amazingly good.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

ObjectiveTruth, it's funny isn't it? JIB tacos are so bad, they're good

I don't live near a JIB, so when I pass one I like to get the tacos. They make pretty good egg rolls, too.

• talesin
    talesin

I would love to see Mount Shasta, have heard so much about it! When I visited CA, we couldn't travel north because of mudslides. That is somewhere I will visit again, for sure. It felt like home. Even my accent fits in, or so I was told. :))

tal

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Next time you're in California, if you make it north of Sacramento, let me know. Would be fun to meet you Talesin

• fiddler
    fiddler

I would love to meet up with you Hortensia some day! My son and his lovely gal just had their first baby, a beautiful little girl, and although they live in Hawaii right now there is talk of maybe coming back to the mainland. If they do I suspect Northern Cali is where they might land. Of course, they might just stay on the big island and who could blame them ☺️

But, it sure would be closer to visit them if they were in N. California!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit