My day

by Hortensia 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Decided to spend the day wasting time. Drove down to Redding. On the way I saw the real Woody Woodpecker -- every time I see one of those red-headed woodpeckers I think of the cartoon character. I also saw a pair of wild turkeys. They seem strangely unafraid of people, I've heard that turkeys are pretty stupid, but you'd think the wild ones would have some smarts just to survive.

Shopped until I was completely tired. Had pseudo-tacos at Jack-in-the-Box (I love those tacos!). On the way back there's a spot on highway 5 where I could see both Mt. Lassen and Mt. Shasta, covered with snow and towering above all the other mountains around there. Listened to the three tenors, Paul Potts and Linda Ronstadt, sang loudly with them while driving.

I got a little lonely toward the end of the day, in a good kind of way. I took it to mean I was tired and hungry. Stopped for coffee and apple turnover.

A nice day all to myself, being completely irresponsible and idle.

And how was your day?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sis Hortensia - Did you at least get to offer your presentation to someone today, did you leave some magazines with someone?

You know Sister, we are a busy people, there are plenty of opportunities to bring interest to others about Jah and his Mighty Spirit, and you can count the time too!!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Good for you it is called taking time to get in touch with yourself.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

LOL, Shirley You made me laugh.

F**k Jah and his mighty spirit and his time-keeping poobahs. I had a great time without them!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

So, Shirley and Frankie, what have you all been up to lately that is totally frivolous?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Lassen AND Shasta, they must've been magnificent.

I used to live up in those parts back in the late '70s.

Love NorCal.

Thanks for sharing, Hortensia

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

There are a flock of turkeys that reside in my neighborhood, they will often stroll down the sidewalk like they own the place, they never fail to make me laugh. It's true they are dumber than a box of rocks, but they get by. It's hilarious to see them courting, the males prance around, shaking their tail feathers, the females seem unimpressed for the most part. The babies are born in the spring, we see them grow all summer.

Monday is laundry day for me, but I managed to get in a little craft time. After a long dry spell I finally got my creativity back. I am making Christmas ornaments, they are very complex, with lots of layers and a vintage feel, tons of glitter and mica snow, very fun. I got a lot of supplies at the dollar store, you would be surprised what they have now. My JW mom would be rolling over in her grave, but since she didn't believe in life after death (until the new system anyway) she can't be, lol. I also managed a nap, I am a serious mapper these days.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yes, Lassen and Shasta look marvellous with their coats of snow. Shasta Lake, however, looks very sad.

Lisa - you're right, they are very funny birds. I always get a kick out of seeing them. As for christmas ornaments, sounds like fun to me. I'm not artistic or crafty, unfortunately, except that I'm an avid knitter. I just finished a beautiful scarf -- at least it's beautiful to me -- and am very satisfied with it. Waiting for yarn for the next project -- should arrive this week.

And naps are a vital part of life.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh come one now, surely some of you are as frivolous as I am? What's your story? How do you fritter away time?

• talesin
    talesin

It was my favorite type of fall day - warm, wet and windy! I couldn't go for a walk, so I slept in very late (noonish), then sipped my tea while I looked out the window and fed some peanuts to the crows that come by a couple of times a day for their treats. I fed the other birds we care for, then sat down to watch a TV show "The Americans", the last 2 episodes.

Had lovely coffee made by my roommate, and took care of some house business. Then made supper of a loin chop (pork) with carmelized onions and some asian spice, broccoli on the side.

Then I read some of "The Crystal Cave" by Mary Stewart (one of my fav series of Arthur)

*yawns* need more sleep, though!

It was a 'good day'. Maybe next fall, I will be able to walk in the rain.

:)

tal

(I can't walk much, and recovering from pew-monia, so the lazy is a very good thing, but I'm bored as hell!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit