Chuck Morse Interviews Barbara Anderson "WatchTowers CHILD ABUSE Reporting Policies"

by OUTLAW 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• benj
    benj

Bravo Barbara!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

AndersonsInfo - "...as more and more people lose respect for them over this issue, I believe that cavalier attitude will disappear. Courts are on the side of the victims, not JW leaders who are showing their contempt for the authorities and their legal system..."

Sometimes people gotta learn things the hard way.

This reminds me of something I've mentioned a couple times, but would like to reiterate...

x

The public's tolerance of institutionalized sexual victimization - particularly of minors - is plummeting now that the Information Age his exposing the problem so graphically. Court precedents are a good way to deal with it, but there's a distinct possibility for something more significant.

In previous instances - to solidify the matter in a way that satisfies the public - an "object lesson" has been set, i.e. the legal system has made an example of someone.

As an organization, the WTS is in the unique position of being an almost perfect candidate.

Why? The problem is endemic, they are refusing to budge whatsoever, and - in particular - due to their disdain for politics and community participation, they have made no "friends in high places" who can bail them out if they're in hot water.

Think about it; no one's legislative or political career would be jeapordized for targeting the Org for an entirely justified reason.

Even if done for purely practical or even cynical reasons (scoring political points with activist groups, for example) an up-and-coming young legislator could make something like this his or her personal platform.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Barbra did a great job is all I can say.

• LV101
    LV101

Thank you, Barbara, for all that you do.

• LV101
    LV101

" . . . they will continue in their steep decline in members and into obscurity." Godspeed!

With any luck at all hopefully they will pay someday.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"they will continue in their steep decline in members"

Steep decline? Where?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Great work,Barbara.

Bangalore

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is there a transcript anywhere?

x

EDIT: Okay, I listened to it; pretty good, nothing we didn't know, but that's okay. Getting the info out is the important thing.

The constant commercial breaks whenever Barb was speaking got real old real quick, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit