Bible reading section for the week of November 24th. Duet 28-31

by stuckinarut2 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So the "cong bible reading " section to be covered for this week is from Deuteronomy 28-31...

Have you ever read this section???? Wow...just wow....there is some psycho stuff in it!

"Do as I (Jehovah) say, or I'll mess you up with some really perverse and psychotic stuff!"

Any ideas for casually subversive and thought provoking comments that can be shared during the meeting??

• prologos
    prologos

chapter 28 has 68 verses, 14 of which are devoted to blessings, rewards, the rest to the curses. ~ 5 times more. the reflection of a writer with a sunny personality not.

• designs
    designs

You wonder why Israel still practices genocide- Deut.31....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great point prologos!!

Im going to highlight that point...

"Brothers and sisters, it seems that Jehovahs was determined to make it clear to his beloved people that there would be decisive repercussions to not obeying him...repetition for emphasis...just as ch 28 has 5 times more verses highlighting harsh penalties rather than loving blessings!"

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Deut 29 is key to dismantling the doctrine that only the 144,000 are part of the new covenant. WTBTS has asserted that the alien residents / foreigners were never included in the covenant with Israel. This chapter debunks that. This chapter restates the covenant and makes the addendum that all are included (see vs. 10-14 particularly).

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think that the story goes that a king or high priest finds this book hidden in the temple. Then they use these writngs to push the idea of worshiping only Jehoboer.

• prologos
    prologos

leaving quietly, not only the aliens, but israel had a priesthood, antitype* the 144 000, a kingdom covenant David's line, it's antitype* the 144 000, and the other 11 tribes, the whole chebang in the Law covenant, and all were a kingdom of priests. the business of Israel was to bring light to the world (so the story goes)

hence the persecution. from the book 'why the jew?'

* david S. forgive me this time? ok?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Just bumping in case anyone else had any insights that might make it more interesting to sit through this tomorrow night.....

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

I read only chapter 28.

I nearly threw up if I meditated about these curses, especially the eating of children etc.

Wow, daily Bible reading, especially the old testament, is soooo rewarding for everyday life. And I forgot; poor children hearing these things in the KH (if they listen).

• prologos
    prologos

Daniel 1555. thank you for bringing that up (pun possible); after 5 days I had already forgotten about ALL the cannibalistic details spelled out.

A loving divine arrangement (god and his reps), not only predicting it, but causing it, carrying it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit