Friend Told Me To "Get Over My Doubts & Keep Going Like Everything Is OK!!

by NoMoreHustle 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

Had a coversation with a very close friend (of 15 years) and understands how I feel about the WT Org. He himself is a serious doubter. I on the other hand am not a doubter, I know with every living ounce of myself that this is a CULT! I explained to him hard time at home trying to make wife realize that this organization is Bull #$@! He has had similar situation at home too. But he has come to grips that he would rather have "peace at home" then constant fighting. I can understand that to a degree...

He then told me "what is the big deal" just going to meetings & participating also go out in service once in a while. This troubled me very much.

There is no way that I can just "give in" or "cave in" to this Bull @!#! It is hard enough having my wife indoctrinated by WT. I cannot pretend like everything is OK. I told him we only have one life to live & i'm not going to waste away in the WT Org. just going along with it.

Eventually I will be out of this organzation. I still go to about 2 meetings a month at this point in my life. I have checked out about 2 years ago. I have not gone out in field ministry for over a year now. I cannot go to someones door and tell them that the way they think is "wrong and come join ours instead because we are a happy people" NMH

• Honesty
    Honesty

Your best bet is to not engage him in any conversation about the lie.

He may do a 180 on you one day and rat you out thinking he is saving you from da debbil.

As for your wife, it's best to live and let live. I wouldn't bring up anything about the lie until she does.

I give it 5 years and she will be be doubting to the point she will ask you to tell her what you know about the cult.

All those blue JW.ORG placards pasted on the brick marquee beside "Kingdom hall of Jehovah's Witnesses" at every kingdom hall with 15 miles of me (4) has every nonJW asking me WTF?

It won;t be long before JW's start waking up and asking themselves what's the difference between a cross on a church and JW.ORG on the kingdom hall marquee.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

It's crazy how these people are willing to go to jail and die for this religion but when push comes to shove they want to keep "peace at home". I thought real truth was something to fight for. If your friend can't do that, then they can't in clear conscience preach what they preach.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

There is probably a large percentage of dubs who have lots of doubts, but just keep going like everything is okay.

I'm glad to not be living that kind of life anymore.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Get Over My Doubts & Keep Going Like Everything Is OK!!"

No doubt some on the Titanic may have said the same thing...

He then told me "what is the big deal" just going to meetings & participating also go out in service once in a while.

What do JWs tell people of other religions when they realize their religion is B.S.? In no uncertain terms, JWs tell them that they must leave their religion immediately in order to "please god". Yet, when it comes to their own religion, suddenly JWs have a million and one reasons to pretend nothing is wrong, toe the line, stay to the WT routine no matter how many doubts they hold.

Unadulterated hypocrisy in its purest form.

• kairos
    kairos

I reasoned in my mind that there would be no point to continue in service, inviting people to the meetings I wouldn't be attending.

Parting thoughts, I guess...

• talesin
    talesin

I hope that you two can stay friends. He sounds like a 'keeper'.

So sorry that you are going through the marital dischord that this religion foments. I hope your wife can learn TTATT, and hey, keep that friend. Some day, the two of you may be out and free together. If not, he may need your support in the future --- we can't judge others for staying "in", especially if they would have to leave family behind. I can testify that it is a hard road, depending on your circumstance, to have no family.

All the best!

xx

tal

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The word "Doubts" is a propaganda word used by the WT/JW writers and speakers to make it look as though the fault is with you, a lack of faith in what is actually the truth.

In reality you do not have doubts, you have certainties.

My approach is that as a lover of Truth I cannot keep my personal integrity and remain associated with the Tower of Lies.

Of course you can only say that when you are ready to be DA'd, which may not happen, but point out the reality to few Dubs, that their religion is all Crap, and you may find you are DA'd or DF'd.

I took a similar approach to you, I told an Elder that came to "Shepherd" me because I had stopped F.S months before, that I could not teach 1914. He promised to come back and build my faith in the doctrine, he never did. A few months later I stopped attending Meetings.

The ball needs to be put firmly in their Court to prove they have the truth, otherwise you would be both a hypocrite and a sharer in lies should you just "go along" with it.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

NMH - I'm in a very similar situation; me & my wife are in a new cong and are both out mentally, financially, and now with zero F.S. Only occasional meetings to keep appearances for distant friends and family, should they visit.

My closest friend in the former cong, and his wife, have both been given a good witness of TTATT by myself in the couple of years before I left, but their minds don't want to even consider the possibility that they are NOT in the 'true' religion. They also fear what the consequences would be if they were "discovered" to believe something different from what the alleged FDS teaches.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I like phizzys comment!

We are not "doubters", we know for a "certainty" that jws are not "the truth"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit