Armageddon in 1975 'probability' or 'possibility'? Irrefutable Proof the Watchtower Said 1975 Was "Game Over!"

by PhilsWager2 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

Fisherman , I am a Christian , follower of Christ , and I have read no gross profanity on this thread . Unless you mean calling Fred Franz " mad Freddie " and unless you worship Fred Franz then that is not profanity !

The point was raised about going against Bible teaching and setting times and dates . About a year ago I asked a young JW lady about Armageddon , because I know that the society is still telling its members that it will be SOON . I asked what the new date was . I was told that the WTdoes not set dates now as it is said in the Bible that no man can know the date and time .

Why has it taken a supposedly Bible based organisation so long to read what the Bible says on this matter ? I am not being sarcastic , my question is genuine and one that every Witness needs to reflect upon .

Jan

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

Downloading this pdf requires that software be installed on my computer? I think not.

• PhilsWager2
    PhilsWager2

JW Facts might have a bunch of this PDF, check them out and see if you think there is something wrong with it. I did not download any of it, all I did was click on the pages I wanted to read and saw how the Watchtower Leaders did say that 1975 was going to be the End and the 20th Century would not end without seeing the Return of Christ. The Watchtower changed wording in their books, deleted parts of their CDs to remove parts that say "The Preaching Work will end before the 20th Century ends!"

Now they lie and say they never said anything, it was their Rank-and-File, not them, they had nothing to do with the rank-and-files insanity!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

- the human species has been around a lot longer than 6000 years!

That is another topic. My analysis of WTS teaching assumes 4026 to be the date of Adam's creation.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

I heard Fred Franz give his view of 1975. He stated that Armageddon would happen within months or a few years after 1975 but not decades.

Compare what the book All Scriptures Inspired published by the WTS in 1963 stated about the year 1975.

“Does this mean, then, that by 1963 we had progressed 5,988 years into the ‘day’ on which Jehovah ‘has been resting from all his work’? (Gen. 2:3) No, for the creation of Adam does not correspond with the beginning of Jehovah’s rest day. Following Adam’s creation, and still within the sixth creative day, Jehovah appears to have been forming further animal and bird creations. Also, he had Adam name the animals, which would take some time, and he proceeded to create Eve. (Gen. 2:18-22; see also NW, 1953 Ed., footnote on vs. 19) Whatever time elapsed between Adam’s creation and the end of the ‘sixth day’ must be subtracted from the 5,988 years in order to give the actual length of time from the beginning of the ‘seventh day’ until [1963]. It does no good to use Bible chronology for speculating on dates that are still future in the stream of time.—Matt. 24:36.” Copyright Watchtower All Scriptures Inspired by God and Beneficial.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

double post

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sometimes I get the impression that the WTS heads set out information like 1914 and 1975 to locate the weak minded, naive and gullible people who are then assumed they can be exploited and manipulated.

Throw some provocating fear at them like " The End Times and Armageddon is soon " and watch how the faithful, naive and gullible are further stimulated into distributing the WTS's literature even more to the public.

In the working in operations of the Watchtower Publishing house, a numbers game is always present and carefully scrutinized. for example whenever a CO makes a congregational visit, he always looks at the numbers accounted at that Congregation concerning their hours, book studies and so forth.

Why ? Because the numbers actually equate overall to dollars for the WTS., $$$ thats the real truth of the matter.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Because the numbers actually equate overall to dollars for the WTS., $$$ thats the real truth of the matter.

Fin, WTS assets are not enjoyed by individuals or going into someone's pocket. It is only used for the church. You need to know first hand. You don't. Of course money is needed to run things. During Israel's Temple era, not only were tithes collected but also voluntary contributions which supported the Temple and the Kohenim . Jehovah was worshiped in that temple back then and the Jews generously advocated His worship with "their valuable things." In today's economy the Temple and its treasury would be worth billions. Jews gave from their heart. Jews were very very generous people.

JWS believe that Jehovah is worshiped in the kingdom halls and also through the work done by the wts. That is what they believe, and they also give generously. They advocate and support what they believe in. JWS contribute their time, their money, their skills to promote worship of their God. Again, not only with their preaching but also with their money and they trust the WTS to administer. Think about it, if the wts was a crooked corporation as you seem to be implying in all of your posts, how long could they have lasted? The wts has nothing to sell. It is not a business.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fin, WTS assets are not enjoyed by individuals or going into someone's pocket.

Trying to white wash over the truthful facts once again are we ?

So when one of the GB members/DO's/CO's needs some dental work and the work is completed by a dentist who then pays for that dental work ?

or goes to see the doctor for some medical reason and the GB says charge it the WTS who really is enjoying the proceeds of the WTS and what it accumulates ?

When a GB has one of their assistants book a airline flight to Europe or some far off distant land and the assistant charges the flight to the WTS. who enjoys the proceeds from the WTS ?

When one of the GB members wants to drive somewhere from HQ, who paid for that car and insurance ? the WTS. thats who !

Its true the WTS executive members dont have private jets and live in lavish homes like some religious leaders/charlatans in the States but they certainly are living off the money cow of the organization they run and are positioned as its executive directors.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

So when one of the GB members/DO's/CO's needs some dental work and the work is completed by a dentist who then pays for that dental work ? and everything else that you posted.

Fin, you are not thinking. JWS are generous and they want their voluntary contributions that they give from their heart, to be used by the WTS, however they want, to fix the CO teeth, etc. In the time of Israel, the Kohenim did not have secular jobs, they were supported by the tithes and the contributions and they ate the from the corban. JWS contributions is used to support the CO, the missionaries, the Bethel workers and whatever else the wts chooses to do with it. JWS want it that way. JW dentist, doctors gladly give their time, skills and money too to support WTS full time workers. JWS know how the money is used and they want it that way. Full time wts workers only get an allowance and make a vow of poverty. JWS are generous, they support them. You are posting lies about how the wts use contributions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit