Armageddon in 1975 'probability' or 'possibility'? Irrefutable Proof the Watchtower Said 1975 Was "Game Over!"

by PhilsWager2 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fishermen to reiterate, the 6000 year dating calculation is an imposable calculation to make from the bible's own chronology or else wise, it was pulled out from the old teachings that C T Russell made decades previously., rerun to make it look like new light, it wasn't

It was in a sense a pretentious scam to draw attention to the WTS's own published literature and to stimulate the proliferation of that literature by the adherent JWS.

One has to apply intellectual honesty here.

Trying to white wash over this noted commercial scam is futile to say the least.

Who are you avowed to ? the pretentious and ambitious false unscriptural teachings of the Watchtower Publishing house or Jesus Christ ?

One of the reasons the JWS has garnered so much criticism over the years is the organization's specific setting of dates /years, which is one pays close attention to what Jesus said about mankind's intervention of placing times on God's own scared time, is going directly against Jesus's own instructions.

Being a baptized devout follower of Jesus Christ is to follow his directions and his alone, not mere men who put a label on themselves and Jesus actually warns of this of happening of that as well.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Fisherman,

The supposed nearness of the GT while I was growing up definitely impacted my choices as a teen/adult, but that is not the reason that I am leaving. The willful misquoting of scriptures, the revisionist history, the pressure to hit hour goals/works over my own faith, asking for money and stating that they've never solicited for money, and many, many other reasons has caused me to realize that the GB are not representatives of Jehovah or Jesus. The realization of that however has caused me to regret the years that I dedicated to this org and the things I put off because "the end is imminent/just around the corner/soon".

tim3l0rd

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

regret

It is better to serve God than to live your whole life doing your own thing whether or not the end comes.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fisherman, is it better to serve the will and purpose of false prophets and to be subservient toward those false prophets ?

You better be careful who you serve if you take Jesus's own words to heart.

You may have been persuaded away from true worship, forfeiting your life as a consequence

Think about that the next time you walk into a kingdom Hall !

• mychainsaregone
    mychainsaregone

I remember 1975 and I was a very small child... I was born in late 1970. My mother was instilling into my sister and me that we would soon be living in paradise on earth and even hesitated to enroll my older sister in kindergarten and only enrolled her because my dad insisted that she needed to live a normal life... That was in the fall of 1974 and 1975 came and went without Armageddon... My dad lost his faith in the org at that time and stopped going to the meetings. My mother stayed faithful to the organization and died believing. We have to remember what the Bible says about false prophets and about predicting the end.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

• jhine
    jhine

Fisherman , here again the implication that one can only serve God as a JW. Well as a Christian I serve God through His son Jesus Christ . Not through a body of men who have put themselves where Christ should be in your life .

I too take heed not to follow false prophets and those who add to scripture .I keep in mind the Mathew 24: 36 as quoted above , a verse that the WT and by implication you as a JW continue to ignore .

I choose to be a member of a Church that feeds the hungry , clothes the poor ,takes care of widows and orphans ,in short , one that puts into practise " true religion "

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit