I think the WT believed their own "growth" statements - Financial Trouble Thoughts

by thedepressedsoul 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

I said from day one that they fully, absolutely, 100% expected this new arrangement to fail spectacularly.

My speculation is that after a year or 2 of near-constant haranguing on TV, website, assemblies, and in print, they will institute some form of tithing.

Not strictly necessary (i.e. not a DF offense if you don't), and perhaps not exactly 10%, but if you want any "privileges", you have to provide evidence of a regular & significant contribution.

That's my guess, anyway.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

thedepressedsoul - "I think the WT believed their own 'growth' statements."

Like I've said before, falling for one's own bullshit becomes surprisingly easy when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Like I've said before, falling for one's own bullshit becomes surprisingly easy when you surround yourself solely with people who are never allowed to disagree with you.

I agree 100%. That's what I was trying to get across.

If you are surrounded by people that tell you, you are amazing at baseball. They keep telling you this none stop. All of the sudden you play against an actual baseball team and get your pants knocked off. It's going to be a very hard pill to swallow. All those years you truly thought you were a good baseball player because of what everyone around you was telling you.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

OTWO added another interesting layer.... I know for a fact that locally a lot of "skilled" work is craftly paid for even though its officially "donated". For instance when a "brother" comes into move dirt for the foundation he "donates" his time but submitts bills for "mobilizing" his equipment.... Bills that are exactly what he would charge someone to the work secularly, interestingly enough. Yea and hes an elder.... Theres a lot wealth being spread around. I bet warwick is rife with similar stories.

Come to think of it i remember george couch (bethel bigwig and asshat) selling land in brooklyn to the branch! That was a scam back in the old days...

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

As far as "growth" goes, I look forward to seeing the 2015 numbers. After the flash-in-the-pan that 2014 was with its 100 year anniversary/embarrassment, I expect to see plateauing numbers if not decline in coming years.

-TE

• antes8080
    antes8080

Just did in Audit to the Congs contribution. these is what I found.

before new arengment world wide work was receiving 400-500 monthly after New arengment it has gone from 100-200.

but they send 525 to the new arengment of kh building.so yes donations have shifted. am not why sure they expected that they were going to continue to receive more money.

mind you were a poor Spanish congregation.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    My guess is that they will find a crafty way to track donations and from whom. If they haven't already, perhaps implicitly making not only donating but donating what is expected of you as a vital part of "sacred service". The "local needs" talks only serve to impose a collective guilt. Threatening people's "privileges" for not putting Kingdom interests first would be a way to bring it to a more personal level.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They can keep on begging but it sounds like the R&F have all decided.

Image result for empty pockets

There ain't no more.

Doc

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I just find it ironic. They tell people not to go to college, not to have a good paying job, work part time, wash windows but then are confused when there is no money coming in.

I want to smack them upside the head and yell, "What did you think would happen!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "What did you think would happen!"

Armageddon, which would be coming along (and bailing them out) any day now, obviously...

...that's the kind of decision one makes when one is a True Believer.

x

Nevertheless, it's definitely still a prime candidate for the "WTF-were-they-thinking?" file.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit