A Visitor's Guide To Scotland

by cofty 21 Replies latest social humour

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

LOL love the local 'gaelic' :P

• punkofnice
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Cofty, a real good laugh. That Vid might do more for Scotland than wee Danny thinks, it made me want to get up there again. I must before I die.

• Deceived
    Deceived

I have been watchng the TV show Outlander which is set in 18th century Scotland and filmed in Scotland. I had no idea it was so beautiful. It seems to clean and untouched from polution.

My Dad and his family all are from Scotland but not the Highlands so not sure if places near Elgin is as beautiful? It is on my Bucket list to visit Scotland the land of my ancestors. My Grandparents and their brothers and sisters and children all emigrated to British Columbia in the 1920's

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I only have two comments to make on this post.

one. " Oor Wullie, & the Broons"

two. Archie Gemmil and his goal against Brazil in the world cup.

Ok three comments my hero Alan Ball blew his nose on the corner flag at Hampton Park. ( That is when football was fun) and the Scots were rightfully offended, but in a fun way.

• Balaamsass2
  • fiddler
    fiddler

That was good!

About haggis, I was at a Tannahill Weavers concert some years ago and Roy Gullane was the great story teller explaining the songs and tunes they were doing. One particular tune was 'The Haggis'. He explained to the audience that haggis looked kinda like a football and you didn't know whether to cook it or kick it. After you cooked it you'd know the mistake you made!

I actually did have some very good Haggis once at a Burns Night supper but I think it was made with New Zealand lamb and so not really authentic.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I love Scotland! I'll always remember getting a coffee while waiting for our rental car in Edinburgh, when a man came on the loud speaker to admonish travelers: "You shouldna leave yourrrrr carrrrrrrrs own-ah-ten-deed!" I asked, what did he just say? Loved the highland cows and the Dewars distillery tour in Aberfeldy. Heard Amy Winehouse's Back to Black for the first time at a pub in Pitlochry. Couldn't get my hubby to stop raving about haggis, even tho he knew what they were made of. We've been to Scotland a few times, and always want to go again.

Loved the funny video, thanks!

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah Haggis. There's a good reason that you can go to restaurants of practically every nationality anywhere in the world...except "Scottish". It's possibly a great meal if the alternative is "or nothing" but other than that I don't think it will catch on and only survives as a kind of ironic historical bush a tucker a challenge.

It does help take your mind of that god awful Burns poetry though! :)

• fiddler
    fiddler

Hey, I like the wee sleekit cowerin timourous beasties of Burns poetry and his poems set to music!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit