Jehovah's Witnesses--- A Religion About Nothing

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They say that Seinfeld was a TV program about nothing. In the end, it was all silliness.

This religion is inconsequential in the big scheme of things. It's stupid.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Unfortunately there are consequences surrounding this religion , hence this forum.

Re ' the big scheme of things '.....now there's a discussion. Let me begin..to what scheme are you referring ?

• designs
    designs

Unlike the Mormons, who want to set up the Kingdom of God in America with Salt Lake or DC as the capital, our former religion is pretty pathetic on the world scene.

• prologos
    prologos

WT writers boasted once that Columbia Heights, their roost, was considered at one time as the location for the US Government centre. So,

they are not devoid of local ambition, but

There is always the invisible UNIVERSAL SOUVEREINTY issue, reaching into the trillions of exo planets of the multiverse cosmos.

Scaling back though, selling of Brooklyn properties, and preaching about a web site.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They say that Seinfeld was a TV program about nothing. In the end, it was all silliness.

Never watched it so I can't comment really......much as I'd like to....

Try telling the JWs that. They really think they are big on the scene. Ask anyone about JWs and the perception is: 'Oh, I had a batty aunt that was one.'

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Try telling the JWs that. They really think they are big on the scene.

Ask anyone about JWs and the perception is: 'Oh, I had a batty aunt that was one.'

All JWs have been told (by HQ) is that they are the fastest growing religion, they are God's Chosen People, they are the fulfillment of Bible Prophecy, they the "little one" that will become a thousand, they are being "drawn by God" as his special possession, they are the only people who know The Truth(TM), only they evangelize over 1 BILLION hours, only they distribute gazillions of publications, only they publish in more languages than are spoken on earth, blah blah blah blah blah.

They don't realize that they are all the "batty aunt" to everyone else and that they are "special" to no one -- not even God.

But they are waking up to it.

God isn't fulfilling their prophecies they've held to for over 100 years.

Maybe we should change the title: JWs -- A Religion About Nothing.......That Has Come True

Doc

• minimus
    minimus

Where do you get that about Columia Heights??? I never heard that one.

it is pathetic to see JWs think they are in the know. Embarrassing too.

• prologos
    prologos

Minimus, I recall reading the Columbia heights wishful musing in a wt related publication, or perhaps in "faith on the march". It was not in the secular media , and at least 20 years ago.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I agree with the OP, the WTS is inconsequential in the scheme of things.

Also, they promised us the earth, quite literally, and delivered jack sh1t - so in that sense too, they're the religion of nothing.

Maybe it's my fault that I fell for their nonsense, but the WTS definately owe all born-ins an explanation and an apology for discouraging education, for wasting years of their lives, for ill-equiping them for the realities of this world.

• minimus
    minimus

I. Would love to see that quote. I don't have that book any longer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit