10 hour basic pioneer provision question

by Letts Party 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Letts Party
    Letts Party

I remember hearing about this rumor around the time of the annual meeting. Did this really happen? I haven't heard anything about it at my meeting yet. Any clarification will be much appreciated.

• sir82
    sir82

It didn't happen. Just an unfounded rumor.

• Letts Party
    Letts Party

thanks Sir82 for the clarification.

I just read your bio. I'm in the same predicament but i'm an MS. My wife luckily has been pretty accepting of my doubts but she won't leave without her parents and that'll never happen. We have frequent discussions about the asinine things we hear at convention and meetings but that's where it stops.

Anyway, I was asking because i know another elder that mentioned he heard about the 10 hour basic pioneer provision. If it was just a rumor, could that potentially mean he's also a lurker here? that'd be awesome! I know he's intelligent and him lurking about here would make sense but that would still be incredible!

• Londo111
    Londo111

It wouldn't suprise me if this does happen at some point.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Perhaps another idea they were floating around, but too much apostate exposure led them to ditch it to make liars out of us apostates. I remember a while ago (several years) when they were going to lower auxiliary and regular pious-sneer requirements, but ditched that in order to make liars out of us.

Now, I can only hope this Israel mission they were discussing dies a similar death, because if they have that, all it takes is a single waste of paper in the hands of a high ranking rabbi, and that thing can and will use black magick with that waste of paper being the psychic link, and curse the whole human race in manners similar to what is described throughout the LIE-ble.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Anyone who thinks witnessing for ten hours a month is pioneering is way too desperate for a title.

What would all the self respecting reg pioneers think.

Are these people so desperate for a title of some kind or do they just enjoy creating class systems

and heirarchies amongst the brothers. Subsets of a subset.

• sir82
    sir82

Anyone who thinks witnessing for ten hours a month is pioneering is way too desperate for a title.

We've got a retired elder who hates field service, and is not afraid to say so publicly.

He goes out in service anyway, exactly 3 days a week, exactly 2 or 2.5 hours per occasion, and thus gets about 7 hours a week.

Most months he gets 28 hours (4 weeks X 7 hours per week).

When there is a "special campaign" or the CO visit, he always signs up to be an auxiliary pioneer.

30 hours, of course.

He gets his name read from the platform as an AP, for making the supreme effort of going out in service one extra day per month.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Are these people so desperate for a titleof some kind or do they just enjoy creating class systems

and hierarchies amongst the brothers. Subsets of a subset.

Yes.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Letts Party my wife and I use to pioneer when it was a 100 hours a month.

When we left in our early 20's we gained 30 hours a week of free time without minimum FS, meetings and preparation. You can get a lot done with an extra 30 hours a week like education, start a business etc.

Good luck on exiting

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Hello to all. I've been posting on here a couple of days but have been a reader for some years now. It's just entirely too much for me to continue smiling and nodding approval.

I've always had an issue with titles within the organization. While I do know the answers to the questions I will outline, it amazes me that members are so numbed they cannot stop to reason and be sincere with themselves.

Many things really bothered me and got me questioning but the following questions are the most critical for me:

1. Why does the organization punish those with sincere questions when they are not satisfied with the typical "we don't know but wait on Jehovah."

2. Why does the organization feel the need to announce from the platform when someone is pioneering? Prominence?

3. Why is information a privilege and not freely available to all members such as being able to sit-in on the CO's special meeting with the pioneers?

4. Why has the society not apologized once for mistakes that obviously ruined and killed so many of their members?

5. Why does the society fear higher education? Critical thinking and reasoning skills being developed perhaps?

I look forward to some great discussions with everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit