Attracting young ones to the org

by Gratefullyunstuck 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Gratefullyunstuck
    Gratefullyunstuck

Noticing a lot of posts and behaviours of the org that they seem to be trying to appeal to the younger generation.

Im wondering if they are jumping on the back of a popular young clothing brand called Jack Wills.

A lot of their clothes have JW logo on them. I wonder when searching this logo 'JW' on internet, where the search takes them?....................hmmmmmm!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The WTS HQ is surely aware of the number of youths that abandon the religion of their parents. Two out of every three (2/3) born-ins leave. You've got to remember that the born-ins are their top recruitment source since knocking on the door of empty houses and drinking coffee at Starbucks isn't really resulting in (m)any conversions from the "Field".

I see great efforts to use young people (mainly young men) in Cong activities to get them involved and to give them a feeling of being needed. Get them baptized soon so they had use the threat of shunning as a hammer to control them later.

Doc

• prologos
    prologos

If they were serious, they would make them elders, like the Mormons do, with badge right on the chest. (no need to say "my son, husband, whatever, is an elder), and give them max meeting parts, rather than to the old, worn out gheezers,(not only tight pants) and others that would never in wt land give "public" talks.

• alexandre
    alexandre

WOW!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Having elders and other pedophiles and molesters abuse the children seemed to work for quite a few decades.

The internet era no longer allows the above to work as well as in the past.

Hence, WTS marketers have adopted the McDonald's approach with Happy Meals and toys as the draw.

Whether this will reduce the churn rate of children remains to be seen, but I doubt it will make any difference.

As for Caleb and Sophia - Sophia did survive the Apocalypse, but did not fare that well in the long run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SV9hS14_5Q

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The new clothing from the Watchtower is labeled "J.W 1914" ....we sent back all our old shirts which said "J.W 1975."

• alexandre
    alexandre

DO YOU NOTED THAT THE MAGAZINES ARE FULL OF BEAUTIFUL GIRLS AT THE RECENT NUMBERS?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Hmmm.

Versus

As a single male, I gotta say, it's a tossup (i.e. image 2 makes me want to toss up.)

• sir82
    sir82

The "Caleb & Sophia" videos are pretty blatant propaganda aimed at pre-teens.

They pretty much don't have anything that would really grab the attention of anyone between the ages of oh, say, 10 - 30, though.

• talesin
    talesin

My first prediction: youth camps may follow.

I noticed that a lot of Xtian fundamentalist church groups have huge youth gatherings, sometimes in my city. Hundreds were here last summer for a week, from some church I never even heard of. I spoke with a couple of them downtown, and they just love it. All 'associating' with other 'Christian youth', blah, blah.

Anyhoo, could be the next step. They've tried home-schooling, and from what I've heard, that was an abysmal failure.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit