Tight Pants , a Bethel Bro replies

by Phizzy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

43 MINUTES?

Some people have too much time on their hands.

Doc

• blondie
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The whole tight pants story was funny, but it has ran its course. I hope we all had a good laugh and can move on.

Unfortunately, some appear to be wanting to make a career out of this; i.e. “legal ramifications??” Come on, you are taking yourself way too seriously.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, it is long DOC, but it is interesting to listen to the guy, and to see how he "rationalises" things.

Dear NY44M, I don't know about the Tight Pants Story having run its course, it may just be the gift that goes on giving !

It will die the usual death of stories of course, but it may wake up some more JW's who will begin to feel as I did in the two or three years before I left, that the WT/JW Org has nothing truly Spiritual to say. All they can do is focus on inconsequential matters of personal taste and behaviour, nothing of substance.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks Phizzy, I listened for the same reason as you to see how they are rationalising things these days and his replies were very interesting. Basically a guy won't be disfellowshipped for wearing tight trousers but he will have his 'privileges' taken away. I assume that's what he means by 'we won't use him'. That's no small thing is it, people will start marking him as a bad associate and cutting him dead in the KH for his supposed wrongdoing.

Same old tired argument when she said people are thrown out for questioning the Watchtower org. for going beyond the thing that is written, because her father was and he said that's their choice. People do not choose to lose their family and all their friends to follow their conscience. It is forced upon them by this cult, as it was forced on me.

• steve2
    steve2

NewYork44m, there can never be enough talk about tight pants - although there is fast approaching a time when even I would say, enough talk -Show me!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Once again, this must be an American Jw thing...

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

So, tight pants are now the enemy. Quick, get your Mini skirts out of the storage. They are now in.

• SAHS
    SAHS

The tightest pants seem to be worn by professional ballet performers, male and female. (Not that I myself am into ballet, nor do I have anything against those who do, just in case anyone is wondering.) There was even a scene from the 1984 comedy movie called Top Secret!, where some male ballet dancers were lined up in a row and someone was walking along their bulging male packages. It was exaggerated, as it was of course a parody, but it served to illustrate just how tight and blatantly revealing the pants are which are worn in ballet performances. Here is a link to a really short excerpt (under two minutes) of that scene – the part I’m referring to begins at 1' 20":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSJVEb-qljA

For those who would be so inclined in the powder-puff category, all I can say is, forget about watching the joggers – just try going to the ballet. (Not that I myself am into, um, “powder-puffery,” nor do I have anything against those who do, just in case anyone is still wondering.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit