Millions now Living Will Never Die

by skin 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skin
    skin

This is the title of a Watchtower book published 95 years ago in 1920 by J F Rutherford. It still gets an occasional mention at meetings
    about how it was a turning point in the history of the Watchtower. But how many Witnesses’s today can answer this question.
    Who are these millions of people alive in 1920 that would never die?
    I had often tried to figure this out, is it the anointed? No, to many.

It can’t be those to live forever on earth because there were not millions Witness’s alive then. Could it be the angels?
    Well finally I’ve got to have a look into this little gem of Watchtower history.
    There are some classic quotes in this publication. But I’m going to go straight to the answer.

To start with, there is interesting point to note on pg 94: “The church systems would have the people believe that only those who become church members can be saved. The Bible never taught any such doctrine".

Thats interesting, because we are told today that only JWs can be saved.

Anyway, Now for the answer. Who are these Millions living who will never die?.

On pg 97:
    “Based upon the argument here to set forth,
    then, that the old order of things, the old world,
    is ending and is therefore passing away, and
    that the new order is coming in, and that 1925
    shall mark the resurrection of the faithful
    worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction,
    it is reasonable to conclude that millions
    of people now on the earth will be still on the
    earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises
    set forth in the divine "Word, we must reach the
    positive and indisputable conclusion that millions
    now living will never die.

WOW, so that was it, In 1920 those Millions of people (not only members of the then International Bible Students, but all kinds of
    church members) would still be alive in 1925 to survive on into the new system to take place in 1925.

• Zoos
    Zoos

I read a post here that said: "Millions now dead were promised they would never die."

I wish I could remember who to give credit to.

• stillin
    stillin

So the preaching work must have ended in 1925! The present-day preaching is akin to kicking a dead horse.

I love it when somebody dig up one of these precious tidbits from the JW Heritage.

• Listener
    Listener

My understanding is that at that time (1925) those who were JWs/Bible Students were all anointed and they had the special heavenly hope.

• prologos
    prologos

perhaps Rutherford projected sales of 2 million of his "works" and like WT today, accepting/buying the literature just may be enough to have you enter into paradise?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Thanks for posting, skin. Succinct and irrefutable proof of a wrong prophecy.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Thanks skin

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

great post!

Thankyou...

I am saving this for later!

It amazes me how the witnesses hold up this book and other early stuff as "turning points" or "pivotal moments" etc...but in reality, the content is so totally wrong, and therefore embarrasing to them!

Stupid people!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Gerrit Loesch made up some bull shit excuse at the last RC ( formerly DC) about who the "millions" we're. Not since the "million man march" have I heard such exaggeration. It was totally watchtarded.

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

DD - if I remember correctly loesch said that the understanding at the time was that non jws could survive Armageddon too, and that the millions were made up of non jws. I guess jws at the time got their exclusivity from believing that they were all of the heavenly calling or something. Or maybe it was just a fabrication from the German.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit