I need help

by tiredroadie 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ tiredroadie

Definitely understand your fears. Member 'Vidqun' is right regarding the simple questions to ask.

Her Bible instructor will likely advise her that Satan will try to impede her progress and that these may come through well intentioned friends and relatives. She may even throw in the 'internet' as a potential snare to stay away from.

While the following questions may make your friend's instructor suspicious of where she's coming from or where her curiosity has been aroused from, advise your friend that it is a major life decision to live by their rules and policies and that if her instructor is honest and they in fact teach the 'truth' then nothing will be off limits.

Tell your friend that you have factually heard some very disturbing things regarding the religion. Then ask her to explain to her instructor that as a potential studying member, she needs to know she's making the right decision by becoming part of this organization. Then have her ask her instructor the following key questions that need to be answered before going forward:

1. If I decide to get baptized then decide to leave because of a different point of view regarding a teaching, will I be able to leave the organization without any repercussions?

2. I have heard that there have been teachings that have changed within your organization, such as the 1914 teaching. Is that true?

(Let her answer and allow her as much time as possible as this does not matter or factor in to your follow up question. Regardless of her answer, ask her question 3)

3. If the 1914 generational teaching was 'new light' and your organization is 'spirit-directed' by Jehovah himself through Jesus, wouldn't that in effect make your Governing Body a false prophet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit