Oh Irony of ironies: Googling for a problem caused by the WT and getting a solution from JW.org :-(

by BluePill2 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

What do you think, Simon? (That phrase sounds familiar, hmmm.) (Trivia question, how many times did Jesus address Peter as Simon?)

To me, the worst part about this post is that WTS's have hired a pretty good SEO strategist.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

yes but dont forget cookiemaster what people do good that they thing they do for the lord ,

will still get thier reward,

so long as in thier heart the believe they are doing the right thing, and do not [knowingly] give glory to men.

so unfortuantely we can demonize individuals for at least giving an effort . I know too many sweet innocents. i just want them to be happy regardelss of what they belive.

what you describe having freinds who also agree that men should not get the glory, is what true christains should be doing

associating, sharing ideas freely being accepting, and not forcing it on others.

I try not to get too carried away critisizing those who have no idea they are beng misled.

hopefully you can simply get by having fun and benefiting from both sides of the issue.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Sowhatnow - WTF are you talking about? No offense but I don't have a single clue as to what you were trying to say. I'm not a Christian, I'm an atheist. I'm only posing as a JW due to their shitty emotional manipulation. I'm a born in, and the vast majority of the people I know and care about are JWs, so I can't leave without them shunning me, and be basically left without parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts/uncles, friends (some wouldn't shun me but we'd have to meet in secret), aquaintances, co-workers etc. But that doesn't mean I have a single shred of respect for this evil corporation.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Thank you for your observations.

I have been thinking about this (and the implications). Having worked for a couple of years with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) seeing this result is quite strange.

A short sentence like that can have high search volume (haven't checked), so I asked myself how the heck did the Borg manage to rank so high with low content (they mostly link to their literature, the site is not content heavy for friend related stuff).

Also, the get better Google rankings you NEED backlinks (unless you are a news agency, where results show up within minutes or a couple of hours). I had customers who needed several hundred (or thousands) of links from other relevant sites to rank high.

The Borg is not "partnering up" with sites related to youth problems. Nobody is linking back to them (some witnesses, some facebook accounts). So, this result puzzles me.

The kick in the balls was a good analogy, by the way...

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Then you realize, BP2, that you have provided additional credible backlinks with your post (I never link to mother Borg from here - and Simon, you should script up "nofollow" for Borg sites).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit