Oh Irony of ironies: Googling for a problem caused by the WT and getting a solution from JW.org :-(

by BluePill2 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

I have to share this with you.

After leaving the Borg I had to concentrate to solve so many personal problems (financial, child custody, etc.) that it left me with a poor social life. I just didn't have the nerve/time to make new friends. I go out regularly and have some acquaintances, but very few are more than that.

Like everybody else, I lost all my "friends" etc. I don't feel lonely, but nevertheless I just googled:

"i don't have any friends"

Googles second listing is this:

Why Don't I Have Any Friends? | Young People Ask

www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/.../dont-have-friends-feel-lonely/ You're not the only one to feel lonely or that you don't have any friends. See how others counteract these feelings. Get facts about friendship and loneliness. So, I ask Google for a solution to a problem that was created by the ORG and get a recommendation to ask the ORG! Is this the definition of Irony? I hate to see them giving advice to unsuspected kids that type the same thing like me, to end up in a cult that will rob you of your real friends. Truly perverted. You might get different search results, as Googles algos depend on many factors. Would be interesting to know if you get the same result though (wondering if the Borg has catched up about the SEO thing, hopefully not)

• Raton
    Raton

Sure enough. Second listing for me too. Sort of funny/ironic that it shows up. Thanks for sharing this.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's like a twist of the knife from "the God of Love."

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

those only be conditional friends, have you tried to google how to find TRUE freinds? hmm

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

That's incredibly funny and infuriating at the same time. I'm still in (because of emotional blackmail) but I've been fortunate enough at most of my best friends that I grew up with in the borg woke up to the TTAT at almost the same exact time as me, on their own. So, now we gather at the hall or conventions and talk shit about the WT. It's quite fun.

• Island Man
    Island Man

keep in mind that a lot of the practical advice Watchtower provides, especially in the Awake, doesn't actually originate with Watchtower. Much of it comes from other secular sources which Watchtower writers have researched. Watchtower then collates the information and presents it in an article. They then look for some scriptures that can be shoe-horned onto the secular adive that they've collated to make it seem like the advice comes from the bible - from Watchtower's deep spiritual insights into the bible. LOL.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's like knocking you down, then kicking you in the balls..

• Splash
    Splash

Listen to the leadings of the spirit!

Splash

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

yep, I searched Google, first topic ... I tried it on Bing and didn't show on first page, I think i will use Bing from now on.

• mistified
    mistified

i think it is a little bait and switch because once you're in the religion and you have the same question, they'll probably tell you to only have acquaintances with people in the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit