If there were no faithful and discreet slave until 1919,then what would the witnesses say if you were to show them these scriptures?

by label licker 10 Replies latest jw friends

• label licker
    label licker

Revelation 1:1 A revelation by Jesus Christ which god gave him, to show his SLAVES the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented it in signs through him to his SLAVE John,

Jude 1 Jude, a SLAVE of Jesus Christ

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a SLAVE and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained a faith, held in equal privilege with ours, by the rightousness of our God and Savior Jesus Chist. (which in Revelation 1:5 states Jesus Christ as the Faithful Witness)

James 1:1 James, a SLAVE of god and of the Lord Jesus Christ

Titus 1:1 Paul, a SLAVE of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ according to the faith of God's chosen ones and the accurate knowledge of the truth which accords with godly devotion

1 Thessalonians 1:3 Paul, Silvanus, Timothy reminding the congregation of their faithful works and then in verse 9 how they first entered in among the people and how they turned to god from their idols to SLAVE for a living and true god.

Colossians 1:7 Epaphras our beloved fellow SLAVE who is a FAITHFUL minister of the Christ on our behalf, who also disclosed to us love in a spiritual way.

Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timothy, SLAVES of Christ Jesus,

Romans 1:1 Paul, a SLAVE of Jesus Christ and called to be an apostle,

Look at all the faithful ones in Hebrews chapter 11 and didn't they slave for the better life to come?

When I show these scriptures to jw's, they either have never seen that before about the faithful slaves or I'm told that's not what that means. By the way, as I was reading Hebrews 11:16, it reads: For now they are reaching out for a better place, that is, one belonging to heaven. How could that be if they weren't annointed or baptized according to the jw's? Jesus had not come yet so why would they think they would be going to heaven and not think they would look forward to the ressurection? Show that one to the witnesses along with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob going to heaven, Matthew 8:11.(Sorry, I went off from the first question about the faithful and discreet slave to another question that popped out at me just now in Hebrews)

Sheesh! You start on one journey and it leads to more questions.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That's why I stopped asking questions.

DD

• label licker
    label licker

LOL! DD, it was just yesterday you were asking for scriptures on inactive ones. I thought this was a site where we could post questions about the bible or is it just to talk about stupid tight pants. If a jw is starting to wake up, it will be because of thought provoking questions that jw.org never taught them and will make them question what they have been learning instead of name calling and tearing down.

Maybe you would be out of the religion sooner had you asked more questions. It worked for us:)

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I thought this was a site where we could post questions about the bible or is it just to talk about stupid tight pants. If a jw is starting to wake up, it will be because of thought provoking questions

I actually think that TOMO will push more people out than any other single method.

Many the Borg will decide that, after all, TOMO is actually suffering severe PTSD from his war experience and send him off to Special Pioneer in New Orleans.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Don't be too hard on DD as it is a serious point. Of course asking deeper and deeper questions is what leads many to TTATT. Don't forget that the first step for many is to stop asking questions, or perhaps more to the point, not looking too far for answers they know are not there. They are too scared to go outside the publications.

The step to researching from so called apostate sites is a big one. What the tipping point is will vary from person to person. It might even be stupid comments about tight pants is the straw that breaks the camel's back and frees an individual's conscience so that they do start looking at more serious matters.

LL - you are right that there has been a lot of discussion re Morris' words. Perhaps lots of what has been said is frivilous but the interesting thing is that this is also generating ALOT of comment in JW world. Check out facebook and instagram. There has been a fairly heated debate on jwtalk about it. Morris' approach has generated comment between JWs like no other contentious subject. No one mentions 607, 1914, generations, blood, flip flops etc. yet they feel free to discuss this subject. You never know what this exposure will trigger in those that are already almost there.

• designs
    designs

Can you think of any churches or denominations that are leaderless.

• goingthruthemotions
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

People can be "Slaves" of thier desires. People can "Slave" for Christ. Does that make them the "Faithful & Discrete Slave"? Well since they have said that the FDS is a religious construct and not a person I guess anyone could be so long as they fit the construct they built. Reality says different. If any one of those "Slaves" of Christ were faithful they would quality I think. What do I know? I dont believe any of it anyway. Its their rules so I just apply them back at them.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

The FDS was Russell back in the day. So they would have said, "why, all evidence points to Charles Taze Russell!!"

• prologos
    prologos

well, do we consider the NT (christian greek scriptures) 'food in due season' for THEIR time of writing? our time even?

if this is so, than that contradicts the wt 1919 fds doctrine, because

none of the NT scriptures were provided by the Faithfull Slave, who was non-existant before 1919 and

anything written by the post 1919 -GB -slave , takes priority over the bible. like

"---Millions now living will never die ad infinit, nauseum. so--

just show them the NT period.

they will "love that idea" (David Splane at the the revealing of the 1919 wt F&DS new light) NJ USA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit