Ever since I learned TTATT, I stopped contacting a sister who I wanted to date

by Yondaime 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy
    smiddy

You have saved yourself a lot of heartache mate , be thankful for that

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

You were both clearly never ready to be yoked together if you couldn't even tactfully raise some of your concerns with her.

If she's too much of a risk, then she obviously loves JW.ORG more than she'd ever love you.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Not dating her is a good idea, but how did you end it? Is she is giving you dirty looks because you are ignoring her perhaps? Did you explain to her that you don't want to date right now?

When we learn TTATT JWs call us bitter apostates. If we act kind to them thay won't have anything bad to say about us. Did you act kind when you ended it? Most people who get dumped are annoyed by it anyway and give dirty looks no matter how kindly they are dumped. So don't worry about what I have said too much, it's not that big of a deal.

Kate xx

• PhilJonesIII
    PhilJonesIII

Im with Millie210 on this one: Hats off to you for your thinking.

As for the dirty looks: "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned," That was by William Congreve (1670-1729) by the way and my own experience backs it up.

What I will say is that if you were brought up a witness and played by witness rules then take your time when learning to measure people on the outside. In the org the 'rules' for what they are worth do give a general control of conduct. Ourside they make their own rules. I wish you happiness. You have made a good start.

• punkofnice
  • stillin
    stillin

Oh, well. You probably aren't a MS either! Such a marriage would have been doomed from the start.

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Thanks for the wisdom guys, btw i really like that song punkofnice.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yondaime - "This makes me think of the highschool sweethearts I turned down that were worldly."

That haunts me too, sometimes.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I did the same thing and as the years went by, I realized going after her was a huge mistake and waste of time. "Worldy" women have so much more to offer and are much more laxed. Let her give you dirty looks. You're the one winning in the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit