Ever since I learned TTATT, I stopped contacting a sister who I wanted to date

by Yondaime 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

I was head over heels for this girl, but when I realized I was in a self destructive cult I realized tieing the knot with her would screw up my future. This makes me think of the highschool sweethearts I turned down that were worldly. Now she gives me dirty looks whenever our eyes meet a the hall or at gatherings. I feel bad but at the same time relieved that I prevented myself from being blinded by emotions.

Not being married to a dub will make the process of leaving a lot easier.

What do you guys think?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It's difficult for you both now, but in the end you will both probably be better off.

• millie210
    millie210

I think you have consistantly shown a lot of common sense in your thinking about things here on the board.

One thing I know for sure....when she "glares" at you - you are getting a glimpse at what the future would have held if you two had gotten together.

A great girl is out there somewhere and you will meet her.

Kudos to your thinking ability.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

If she's the kind of girl who resorts to giving dirty looks rather than finding out what is bothering you, then you're better off without her. If you weren't able to bring yourself to tell her what your true feelings are about such an important matter, then you really didn't have much of a relationship even though you were "head over heels" about her .

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Well said Pete. She'll tell others that you played her or hurt her.

You're better off

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

You dodged a bullet Yondaime. Go out and start dating non-JW women.

Don't worry about the glaring sister. As long as she doesn't want to critically think for herself, she will be happier with an MS or elder.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Listener
    Listener

I gather you could not speak to her about the real reason why you were breaking it off. Hopefully you will get the chance to tell her in the future.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Good decision. You need someone who loves you, for YOU. That isn't possible in dub-land. You would always have to lie.

DD

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

My ex and I are still in love. We broke up over TTATT. We still talk but never about JW matters. I know I can't be with her so I've already forced myself to start dating non Jw women. It's amazing how normal they are. Less pressure on the dates. No need to pretend how extra spiritual you are. Of course all people put up a front on dates, but as a jw it was extra.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I agree with everyone else,plus it would be kinder to her to cut her loose so she can find her mini servant/pioneer/elder wannabe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit