Changed: Head coverings for sisters, w15 2/15 QFR

by wifibandit 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

when I was 14 I attended a FS group of probably 40 people and I was the ONLY baptized male there. An uber-dub pioneer in her 60's took the group wearing a head covering then asked me to give the prayer

was so weird, and terrifying for me at such a young age

• SG098
    SG098

The bible can be so silly at times. It can seem to contradict itself (b/c it does). Didnt Jesus warn against 'traditions of men'?

Mark 7:8 - " You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions."

Yet, look at what 1Cor 11:2 says: " I commend you because in all things you remember me and you are holding fast the traditions just as I handed them on to you."

The next 14 verses talk about the head covering for women. Though notice what 1Cor. 11:16 says to sum up the head covering, " However, if anyone wants to argue in favor of some other custom, we have no other, nor do the congregations of God."

So this idiotic idea of a head covering is a TRADITION and a CUSTOM! Are we supposed to follow customs from thousands of years ago at a time when women were considered a little better than a mule? Also, when Paul said 'we have no other' customs in verse 16 he is lying. What about the tradition/custom of eating bread and wine?? What about getting baptized to show everyone your devotion???

• prologos
    prologos

SG098, then, in chapter 14, more ancient instructions about ladies "--in all the congregations of the holy ones--". and verse 37: "--these are the LORD'S commandments.",

not just traditions? just history! --figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit