Guilt, Regret or Denial

by game1914over 10 Replies latest watchtower medical

• PhilJonesIII
    PhilJonesIII

I knew of a couple of cases of bereavement where blood transfusion was an issue. This was at a time when the society counselled against outward expressions of grief because it apparently suggested a lack of faith in god's ability to resurrect the dead.

Not sure how you pretend it doesn't hurt when your heart gets ripped out but there you go.

What struck me at the funerals was the complete lack of emotion. And immediately after it was 'business as usual'. But this was very much about putting on a show. Not only do we believe in a resurrection but we are supposed to be immune to pain as well it seems.

How do people handle the death of a loved one? Lose a child and you shorten your own life. More so for mothers than fathers. Add to that any number of debilitating physical and/or physiological conditions and you have a pretty grim picture. The older you are, the more pronounced the effects.

Widows tend to live longer than widowers by the way. Sorry if I sound flippant but this is how it is.

Death of a loved one is negative. Be you mum, dad, brother, sister, best friend, close friend, that boy/girl in the shop that has a secret crush on you, everyone.

Yes you are perfectly entitled to die for what you believe but remember those that also love you. One ways or another they will ALL be taking a hit. Some might not even survive.

Let me dispel another modern myth: 'Closure' There is no such thing. The pain is now, its an amputation that you can learn to live with but not recover from, a permanent disability.

Someone once wrote: 'Love is about needing and being needed'. Death removes the 'needed' part but leaves you needing.

If god loves you so much then why are you dying? ( Yes I know the JW response. Ive also seen enough to know its the wrong answer.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit