Will Elders Still Perform Marriages If The Sister Doesn't Marry At Least A Ministerial Servant?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Some countries still practice arranged marriages and bride price. I remember a sister was visiting the US from India and her jw parents had arranged a marriage with a brother, negotiating it with the other parents.

Witnesses in Africa follow the bride price arrangement and the WTS allows it but regulates it.

I know that brothers can choose to perform marriages of jws but ultimately the service committee has to approve it.

Around here the only requirement is baptized and breathing. Women have no status in the Borg only through their jw husbands. I know of sisters that would not marry anyone less than an MS because they wanted to be an elder's wife.

• minimus
    minimus

Straining the gnat

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what if it's the hounders' fault? The hounders see someone newly interested but past 23. They decide that it would be smart if that someone grows old and dies celibate, so they dangle assignments this brother's way. But, no appointment. Always some made up reason. The "brother" is always pious-sneering every time they have a push. He has many assignments to assist the congregation, and rarely misses a boasting session. But, the hounders are determined that he is not going to marry, so they hold back the appointment.

Not to mention, the hounders are on his back all the time for the slightest hint of fornication. Or marrying in the world. There is no way he is getting away with anything. And this despite going to help out at headquarters on numerous occasions, doing the hyper-stupid mission by placing a waste of paper with some high-ranking rabbi during the Israel mission, having numerous parts at Grand Boasting Sessions, and not having anything that might be "questionable". The only reason for no appointment is that the hounders are maliciously holding back such appointment. Of course, there is a washtowel article coming up with a paragraph to study that one must forgive others even if they deliberately go out of their way to ruin one's life.

I hope for a total boycott of every campaign and organized mission the washtowel sets up.

• venting
    venting

Tight Pants Tony must have clean feet, because their usualy in his mouth. But this you should marry only a M.S. is one dumbest things I have ever heard. I know more than one example of people chooseing Elders or M.s for a mate, and it turned out to be a nightmere.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Baptised and breathing, LOL. Good one, Blondie.

Over here in Canada, as long as you are legal age, and pub's in good standing you can get married. It's one thing to live your life with common sense, and another thing to listen to counsel from a narrow minded individual. I wonder just how many lives, Morris has ruined with his dogmatted view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit