"Her words suggest................."

by RedPillPopper 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

Hello everyone!!!

First time posting. I've lurked for about 2 years. 30+yr convert. 100% mentally out, 98% physically out. I'll explain that when I tell my story which will be for another post. I hope I can post from time to time but with a full time job sitting in front of a computer and then 3hr round-trip commute I don't feel like much in the evening even though I lurk almost every night. At that time I'm usually on my tablet which is laborious for any serious typing.

Anyway, about the title of my post. We know the bOrg likes to use home grown phrases and weasel words like "Evidently". I like to call it "Sleight-of-Mind" in which they redirect our thinking the way an illusionist redirects our eyes with sleight-of-hand.

I was about 50% aware of TTATT when the January 2013 WT came out with the article "He, Although He Died, Yet Speaks" concerning the faith of Abel. This article also became the first chapter in the Imitate Their Faith book.

The third paragraph in the first subheading says:

"Exiled to life outside the garden, Adam and Eve found their existence hard. Yet, when their first child was born, they named him Cain, or “Something Produced,” and Eve proclaimed: “I have produced a man with the aid of Jehovah.” Her words suggest that she may have had in mind the promise Jehovah made in the garden, foretelling that a certain woman would produce a “seed” that would one day destroy the wicked one who had led Adam and Eve astray. (Genesis 3:15; 4:1) Did Eve imagine that she was the woman in the prophecy and that Cain was the promised “seed”?"

It is amazing how the bOrg can focus on one scripture, sentence or phrase and spin it with their weasel words and go in an entirely different direction than the context suggests (oops, I used that word). This is what they did here with "Her words suggest......." and then they write an entire article with a completely fabricated subject matter. When I first read this article, my thoughts were: "NO!!! No, No, No. This does not suggest ANYTHING of the sort!!" According to the scriptures (for the sake of argument) Eve was the first female human EVER. And now here she did something that has NEVER happened before, the birth of human offspring. She is amazed and rightfully gives credit to Jehovah. Again, according to the scriptures, Jah gave her that ability. That's it!! There is no more to her statement than simply what she said. Ironically the article continues and blames her saying if she really meant what they "suggested", she was "sadly mistaken".

With the skill of an illusionist the bOrg then writes an entire article doing exactly what they accused Eve of doing. They go on to say "if she and Adam fed Cain such ideas as he grew up,.............".

Well, I say "No. You, the WTBT$, you are the one feeding us "such ideas" and I among many see that it is an illusion, and a despicable one at that.

RedPillPopper

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Welcome. Very good first post.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I recognized that as well in the publications when I first started studying. They do exactly what you said, and add whatever they want to add to what the bible says to make their point. They are just making it up as they go along.

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to more of your posts. Very insightful.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

RPP thank you for that insightful observation. I try to keep such type observations at the ready when an opportunity arises to use it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thoughts!

WELCOME!

Yet another new forum member!

Wow!...anyone else notice the new influx over the last few months?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Poor Bible Eve, a truly pitiable character.

Let down by every person in her life.

First her "father"sets her up in a seriously messed up loyalty test by placing an off-limits tree in the garden.

Then allows her to be stalked by a predator angel.

Then her spineless husband blames her for the abuse.Then the father that failed to protect her

and kicks her out of the home and increases her pain of childbirth.

Sheesh!

Welcome to you BTW.

Look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

• runForever
    runForever

They also did this with Pontius Pilate when he said: "What is truth?". They said he was mocking truth and not really asking a question.

Imo he was somewhat cynical but also was curious.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Welcome

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Welcome matey.

I agree, you're quite right, and it's a good phrase 'sleight of mind'..

One thing though... You need to get a job closer to home!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

RedPillPopper, Welcome to the forum. You hit the nail on the head. The Watchtower regularly takes one scripture and spins a yarn. Then refutes the stupid with more soopid. We look foreward to knowing more about you and your story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit