Those that married a Ministerial Servant, Would you do it again?

by Quarterback 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

So, did you make a good choice? Was waiting for a MS really worth it?

• pronomono
    pronomono

Speaking as an ex-ms....... Absolutely not. Don't do it. We are a blind people. I truly enjoyed serving the brothers and sisters and do miss it, but it sets expectations for yourself that you can never meet, and all the activity blinds you to what's really going on.

• Divergent
    Divergent

It is the personality that really counts, NOT the position

Personality above position. You can't go wrong with that

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I'm chuckling at the question because of the word "waiting". A 19 year old MS who was recommended for appointment by his PO father was living a double life. He persued a 15 year old new girl in the KH who had no idea. When she turned 16 he pressured her to become engaged. She hesitated, but since her father had just died, she was vulnerable. She married him at 17. 30 years, 2 children, and 2 disfellowshipings later, they divorced. Being a junior "made man" has NOTHING to do with character. Would I do it again? HELL NO!

• zeb
    zeb

3rdgen: There is a bad influence in the wt. One way it appears is in young people who are in my observation a full two years immature than their 'wordly' peers and are too easily led into areas of life they are just not ready for with all the resultant heartache.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

I was almost 38 when I married my non MS husband who was 44 at the time. First marriage for both of us.

We are very happy 14 years later and have both faded, actually happier now than ever.

Position means nothing, happiness means everything. Life in this world is too short to marry the wrong person.

• hardtobeme
  • SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

Good choice depends on the person's,personality (which includes qualities like personal integrity, being reasonanable and reliable etc) not his position in a man made organization.It also helps if he loves you

Some MSs and Elders are known for leading double lives and are up to all sorts of bad behaviour while presiding over the sheep.Some elders have even kept second families while sitting in on JCs and disfellowshipping jws for sexual immorality I know several of those.Good choice? I wonder if their wives would think so.

Ed. To Add

This marry an MS only rule is not new. I know an CO who had a special interpretation of the marry only in the lord command:

Publishers marry only publishers

Pioneers only...Bethelites only...

Missionaries only...

He stopped short of saying whites ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit