HAWKAW: YOU'RE FRED FRANZ?!?!

by troubled 16 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{Billygoat}}} You are sooooo right.

• Salud
    Salud

Billygoat
    Good points made. It is important to keep a level head. Troubled is here like most of us are, for information, and hopefully some understanding.

Troubled,
    Please do not let this keep you from reading Ray Franz's books, especially In Search of Christian Freedom, they are incredible, it changed my life and help make my decisions more easy. Hang in there, many of us were where you are right now.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Billygoat always seems to be a calming influence here.
    Thanks sweetie!!!

PS. Did you ever find a bakery for that cheesecake Andi?

Imbue,
    Did you mean this thread when you said "lets go to the video"?
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=28721&site=3

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• larc
    larc

Yes, emotions are running high today, and for good reason. Even if we weren't victims, our heart goes out those who were. Imbue, I almost called my JW sister today, to give her an ear full, but I thought better of it. Doing such a thing would have done no good, either for her, or our relationship.

At a time like this, it is good if we can keep our anger in check, so that our responses to new people who will be arriving here, are well measured and thoughtful.

Let me say one more thing. I love this community, and all the good it has done, to help educate, and to help heal. I am proud of you people, and glad to have gotten to know you.

• troubled
    troubled

To those who replied:

Thanks for clarifying. My eyes read "Fred" but it registered as "Ray." So I will take the blame for it.

MY DUMB MISTAKE!

I'm glad I invited others to inform me if I was mistaken. Ray and Hawkaw just didn't seem to fit. And remembering some of his/her comments to me, I just couldn't believe they were one and the same.

Actually, I've been in the organization since the mid-80's, so it was a pretty big blunder to have read "Fred" and pictured "Ray." Embarrasing too!!! (blush blush) But I can admit when I'm wrong. I think my shock and emotional reaction set off a temporary brain rot.

However, that doesn't negate what I said about Hawkaw's approach. A person has only to read his/her response on THIS thread (and others) to understand what I mean. So I guess we'll have to just stay out of each other's way and agree to disagree. I won't return the reviling and put-downs with equal measure.

It's true, I'm sometimes overly sensitive. It would be great if everybody liked me. But I'm reaching a point where, if some people don't like me, I can live with that. I don't like it, but my world isn't going to end. (See what a coupla years of therapy will do for you?)

Anyway, I know I'm not always popular here. And those of you who have read my posts know that, despite the things going wrong in the organization, I still choose to stay. I want to see the organization do the right thing. And where it has veered, I want to see it corrected. I want to stay in and try to be a good example. For me, it is the right thing to do. But I'm not shutting myself off to all information either.

Which is why, at times, I do come to this board.

• troubled
    troubled

Correction about rude posts:

Hawkaw's posts (previous - late 2001)
    DungBeetle's posts (this thread)

Hawkaw reviled me previously, DungBeetle previously AND on this thread. Sorry for any confusion. We're all apparently a little "off" today. Except maybe Larc.

p.s. Larc, thanks for the respectful reply.

• troubled
    troubled

To Billygoat,

Thanks for the kind words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit