My Yoke is Kindly and My load is Light! What did this scripture mean to you as a JW?

by BU2B 17 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

Yes BaalamsAss!

I always asked myself, if Jesus was comparing HIS yoke and load to that of the Jews, was life easier for Jews or JWs??

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

GREAT THREAD!

Yes...I always thought the heavy loads came as a result of the burdens of Satan's wicked world...., and that the MORE you did in JW land, then the LIGHTER your life stresses would be.

HOW STOOPID WAS I???

Now I know the reality....

The burdens of Fear Obsession / Obligation / Guilt are imposed by the org itself!

• BU2B
    BU2B

The works should come naturally if you have the faith, not the other way around.

• Island Man
    Island Man

It meant pangs of cognitive dissonance!

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i wondered why it wasnt being applied

and wondered what light load he was refering to , because i did not see any jw with a light load.

• blondie
    blondie

Who did Jesus say was making the load heavy for the Israelites/Jews?

http://biblehub.com/matthew/23-4.htm

I compared those at the KH and writiers of the publications and the speakers from the platform to the religious leaders of Jesus' day, those within the so-called true organization blessed by god.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Pee on your leg and tell you it's raining. Put a ridiculous bunch of rules on your back and tell you it's from some spiritual guy in the sky. Same thing.

Marina

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

It meant nothing to me as a witness. The fact is, I was, along with most here, bombarded with the sense that I was simply NEVER DOING ENOUGH. As the Pharisees piled on burdens for the jewish believer, so too, the organization with its GB piles on more and more so that people are always in a state of spiritual panic. Their assemblies are filled with "examine your circumstances" while the husband with the five children and wife who is on dialysis gives his experience of full-time pioneering while holding down two jobs and being the Coordinator of the Body of Elders and a volunteer fire fighter for his small town while simultaneously working with Doctors without Borders to help bring the Ebola crisis under control. No, I was never able to meet the minimum.

You know what's really funny.....the commission to preach, if you are a Witness believer, was never given to the "other sheep." The ORG says that the Bible was written for, and particularly the New Testament, the anointed. It is THEIR responsibility. So, why should I even fret?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit