THANK YOU TONY!!!!!

by nowwhat? 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

in my previous post, i mentioned i am now out but wanted to go to the branch meeting anyway. i am so thank ful i did! if there was any lingering doubt that i was making the right decision, tony's rants gave me total clarity. if we are soooo close to the end, why are they worried about tight pants, neon socks, and bethelites getting to work on time? where was the deep spiritual insight that we needed make it through the end of the last days? no mention of our dear faithful brothers losing their lives on the way to their convention. and whats with these regional translation offices in resort areas? when all you need is a computer and a cubicle. my wife still wants to go once in while because of the usual friends and family thing. turns out in the back of her mind she always thought it was a bunch of crap too . again THANK YOU TONY!! you're the best.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

where was the deep spiritual insight that we needed make it through the end of the last days?

Same place as it always was.......non existant with this cult.

• sir82
    sir82

If I'm Zalkin or Simons or another child abuse attorney, I'd forget about subponeaing Losch.

Get Morris on the stand.

Just 5 minutes of tough cross examination, and he'd roll out a wild-eyed rant that would put Jack Nicholson ("A Few Good Men") to shame.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I asked my wife if discussing tight pants and punctuality are more important matters to address than showing love and kindness to others, something that is fading by the month among JWs. I told her that that talk will only make the controlling elder bodies, and judgemental gossipers worse. Elders will "MAN UP" and talk to people about their clothing choices.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I find it amazing that it has come to this.

• Nothing upbuilding or 'spiritual(tm)'
    • Just the ravings of power tripping men in control

Is this what Jehovah(tm) is giving to his mouthpiece(tm) on Earth?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

nowwhat?: Loved the OP!

BU2B, great question. ToMo's priorities are way screwed up!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I have been so much less depressed and judgemental since leaving in Sept 2013. People have noticed it even.

That place (KH) just turns you into a paranoid, depressed soul.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You make excellent points about "Tight pants Tony" wasting everyone's time with such nitpicking and nobody mentioning important things that would really show the love of JW's that they brag about having.

I think they are establishing a foundation with their "translation" offices and their mention of backlogs on new Kingdom Halls as a way to make the members believe (and they will be reminded) that the money is being spent wisely someplace other than their local territory and what they really need is even more money to try to catch up.

I mean, carrying "Google Translate" on your smart phone is what people are now doing when they find themselves in a land with a different language.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

otwo - "Tight pants Tony" wasting everyone's time with such nitpicking and nobody mentioning important things

Camels and gnats indeed from the chief pharisee AM3

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

"...it needs addressing... It's the 'metro sexual' look... that's the tight suit jacket and the tight pants, better known as 'tight pants'. And they are tight, I mean tight, all the way down to the ankle. And that is not modest brothers. No. It's not appropriate. It's not sound of mind.

I was proud of one circuit overseer who told me... one of these fella's shows up for his circuit overseer's visit and wants to go out in the ministry and work with him door-to-door, and he's wearing tight pants. And the circuit overseer was man enough - spiritual man enough - to say: "No, I'm not going door-to-door with you. Not with that dress-up. Inappropriate." So, a lot to think about. And, you elders out there listening in, you be kind now, you always want to try to imitate christ jesus. You be spiritual man enough to tell these young fella's: "you don't go out in the ministry looking like that. Not in this organization.

And frankly, I have asked sister after sister: "what do you think of this? Do you find that appealing, attractive? You know, I'm just curious, 'cause I'm not a woman." And you know what? I haven't met one yet that thought they look good.

And like I've been telling them, and others, and this is a FACT, the homosexuals that are designing theses clothes - they like you in tight pants."

- Anthony Morris III

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit