My messagew to my mother post "branch talk".

by problemaddict 2 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

My wife went out of curiosity. She is out enough to where it doesn't affect our marriage, but she keeps it a secret from her family and others. She is beginning to understand what it means to give over your thinking to an organization, and once she works that out there will be no going back.

So she went to the branch visit. She thought it was HILARIOUS. You guys already know the greatest hits from Anthony Morris judgemental rant on anything from spanx and bright socks at bethel, to the fact you need to take responsability for your children leaving.

She suggested that my mother (whith whome we have a good relationship....both of us still), is being made to feel guilty and bad in her old age. So I tried to call, but ended up having to text the following....

Hey Mom. ____ told me about the last talk from the branch meeting. She went out of curiosity. I want to make very sure you know that you have not done anything wrong to make me want to not go to meetings. You raised me with love, and in the best way you knew how. I was raised to extend myself to others, be kind, loving, etc... I have agreat family and love them very much. Anthony Morris suggesting parents need to take responsability for their kids not being in "the truth" was uncalled for besides not being supported in scripture, unless he believes Jehovah is at fault for the angelic rebellion. You did a great job with your children, and nothing would disappoint me more than for you to listen to the judgemental tone of this ranting moron and blame yourself in any way for my choices in faith, based on their doctrine and actions. "

Thoughts? I am not sure if i ended too strong.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

You sound very loving!

• KateWild
    KateWild

That was a nice text.....it's nice to see you don't resent your parents....good example.

Kate xx

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Hi Problem, Very kind and loving! Although I totally agree with you with 'ranting moron', Do you think your mother may take offense to the phrase?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

ditto what 4thgen said

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Hit send if you havent already.

• scary21
    scary21

" Unless he believes Jehovah is at fault for the angelic rebelion " GREAT POINT ! Love it............

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

That is an awesome message! Beautifully put.

• suavojr
    suavojr

we need to show our loved ones who the monster really is

• steve2
    steve2

Well, if your aging mother can receive texts, she's already cool in my view. And if she can receive your affirming message in the loving spirit in which it has been sent, she has done so well to bring into this world such a fantastic child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit