Trolley Witnessing with Laika from JWN

by KateWild 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

A while ago Laika came to visit. We went to town and low and behold the JW trolleys were there doing their thing.

We approached the brother and I introduced Laika, the brother was polite. I then went on to tell him that it was too difficult for me to return and be reinstated. I thnk the elders have told them not to engage with me because he did not try and convince me to come back he simply accepted my position.

Hopefully seeing us both in town and knowing I am moving on with my life the brother will start to have some doubts.

What do you think of this approach?

Kate xx

• millie210
    millie210

I think that being civil while stating your position was the perfect approach.

Might doesnt make right...even if "might" consists of raising ones voice.

It would have never gotten through to me. Kind calm conviction might have.....I dont know.....but once I was ready to leave I would have remembered it with an open mind. It might have helped then.

Embarassing me would have just sent me in the other direction.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Kind calm conviction might have.....I dont know.....but once I was ready to leave I would have remembered it with an open mind.-Millie

I totally agree, you never remember the rude ones. Hopefully he will feel sorry for me and think about my position. I have hopes for him, he is a regular pioneer and he does the mics, but he is not a MS yet. He also has a beard, I wonder if he has been told to shave it off yet if he wants to progress. Hmmmm????

Kate xx

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Kate, the best way to witness to a witness is for them to see you have smiles and laughter in your life....and i would add i am glad you are moving on with your life ....maybe full revovery is when you ignor the J.W trolly?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Oh, KateWild, an admitted Asperberger's Syndrome, was more than polite than I was. This is the revealed truth from utter fools. You are so small. People such as yourselves give dissidence a bad name. Raising one's voice is not impolite. Or must we whisper or post as little girls or preteens talk. People pleasing is dangerous.

No one here has ever raised their voice? Shame on you.

• KateWild
    KateWild

.maybe full revovery is when you ignor the J.W trolly?-NHAH

I disagree. The shunning policy is cruel and damaging, I will never ignore JWs I take a stand to make polite conversation I will not stoop to their level. Ignoring them is complying with the shunning policy. I will never comply. If some xJWs choose to ignore JWs that is their position, but recovering from the cult does not mean ignoring JWs.

My daughter cannot speak to JWs in the street, she has not read CoC either. Her recovery is different from mine, she gets angry still. Just because she ignores JWs on the trolley it no way means she has fully recovred. I have known these people for years I will never shun them just because they are told to shun me.

Kate xx

• designs
  • new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Ok fair pont Kate.

As for myself and my circumstances i talk and speak with witnesses. But ignor them on official business.

May i add i have followed your posts over many months, and i admire you.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Oh, KateWild, an admitted Asperberger's Syndrome, was more than polite than I was.-Band

I just said I take a different appraoch. I welcome constructive comments from posters who recommend something different. We are all different and so are our approaches. I wasn't there and you didn't video it so I cannot comment on how polite or impolite I thought it was. Calm down Band we are on the same team.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

As for myself and my circumstances i talk and speak with witnesses. But ignor them on official business.-NHAH

That is easier for some than others. The only times I get to speak to JWs is on the trolley, all other times they just walk straight past me as I greet them. It breaks my heart and makes me feel rotten when they do that. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit