US Zone visit

by obarac 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I culled this from JWtalk forum....even though they have been asked not to make electronic notes available to others , it seems that human nature prevails. This corroborates what has been said above .

Bro. Morris is so funny....he gave a talk that was straight forward.

and

These are just a few points from the GB speakers that I remember without using my notes, for the starving among you! :lol:​

Brother Herd'- talk was mostly directed to the Bethel family. He spoke of "Work habits" arriving early, or at least on time and staying for your whole shift. He really emphasized being on time, so I gathers this has become a problem. Of course, the counsel given could be applied to all areas of our service.

Brother Morris, - addressed issues of dress for both brothers and sisters, and not just appropriate dress for meetings, but "everyday" dress also. He also spoke about a person's reputation when considering him for a marriage mate. He told of a sister who considered marrying a brother who came from a strong spiritual family, but was 22 years old and not even a ministerial servant. The were married anyway and he intimated that the marriage did not work out.

We should get a lot more details posted after the meetings today.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You can't fix stupid.

DD

• piztjw
    piztjw

Bro Morris reminds me of Archie Bunker

At least Archie Bunker was funny.

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

"...it needs addressing... It's the 'metro sexual' look... that's the tight suit jacket and the tight pants, better known as 'tight pants'. And they are tight, I mean tight, all the way down to the ankle. And that is not modest brothers. No. It's not appropriate. It's not sound of mind.

I was proud of one circuit overseer who told me... one of these fella's shows up for his circuit overseer's visit and wants to go out in the ministry and work with him door-to-door, and he's wearing tight pants. And the circuit overseer was man enough - spiritual man enough - to say: "No, I'm not going door-to-door with you. Not with that dress-up. Inappropriate." So, a lot to think about. And, you elders out there listening in, you be kind now, you always want to try to imitate christ jesus. You be spiritual man enough to tell these young fella's: "you don't go out in the ministry looking like that. Not in this organization.

And frankly, I have asked sister after sister: "what do you think of this? Do you find that appealing, attractive? You know, I'm just curious, 'cause I'm not a woman." And you know what? I haven't met one yet that thought they look good.

And like I've been telling them, and others, and this is a FACT, the homosexuals that are designing theses clothes - they like you in tight pants."

- Anthony Morris III

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

And frankly, I have asked sister after sister: "what do you think of this? Do you find that appealing, attractive? You know, I'm just curious, 'cause I'm not a woman." And you know what? I haven't met one yet that thought they look good.

As if a sister is just going to ask him to DF her because they're attracted to a non-MS in tight pants.

• pixel
    pixel

Those comments from JWTalk... o my. So cultish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit