US Zone visit

by obarac 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

alexandre: i think that a new governing body member will be announced!

Yes, and it'll be a woman!

Nah, I'm just messing with ya'

But I guarantee the next new GB member will be somebody that doesn't have any balls.

• obarac
    obarac

Some info and live update on reddit

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Here, nothing exciting yet.

• alexandre
    alexandre

no, maybe no a woman, but one that will give power to her!

• CrimsonAshes
    CrimsonAshes

How long is the branch meeting? Like when does it end?

• rosyray
    rosyray

I heard it was about 3 hours. So it should end around 6pm eastern

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

It.is.boring.as.hell.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Thanks obarac! From the topic posted on exjw subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/2loyn1/branch_meeting_live_update/, user "freeyourthoughts" is posting:

I am leaving for the Branch Meeting which is starting for me at 12:00 PM PST. I will be live updating in this post then.

Edit: it's a bunch of generic crap. I will bold anything of interest.

• It's starting!
    • Spanish congregations tied in
    • Video of some of the governing body helpers
    • Bro Corkrin? Governing body helper leading WT summary
    • Generic Satan is cause of all our problems
    • Stay loyal to organization and get to live forever blah blah blah
    • Be faithful to those taking the lead in the worldwide congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses aka the Governing body
    • Bro Leon Weever helper of Governing body presenting a report on kingdom work
    • Talking about the JW.org campaign. 900% increase in auxiliary pioneers.
    • Experiences of people from other religions saying they would look at JW.org and loving it
    • Governing body made pilot program of ten brothers working remote northern areas. Hearing stories and watching slideshow of their adventures
    • International convention highlights. Worldly people so amazed how nice JWs are. Implied Jehovah helped get stadium contracts signed.
    • Talking about need for more Kingdom Halls. New Local Design Committee LDC will have full time workers. RBC will change but we will hear how in the future.
    • Donations appreciated
    • Bro Herd Governing Body member giving talk How the Time Does Fly"
  • 4thgen
    4thgen

"Talking about need for more Kingdom Halls"

Really now? How about all the ones up for sale or sold? I suppose they need more Kingdom Halls in the U.K., too???

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

.....and more from "freeyourthoughts":

• Armageddon is near. Addressing old ones. Even tho getting old 'do not get tired and give out'.
    • Addressing Bethelites. Read bible. Read your magazines and publications. Keep praying. Keep going to meetings even if you are tired. (There must be a slacker problem.)
    • Interesting comment from Herd, "at bethel you are at the top of the ladder of Jehovah's work".
    • Bethelites need to be on time to their assignments at 8am and stay until 5pm. (Why are we hearing this?) "Late arrivals are rude arrivals" (Definitely a slacker problem)
    • Yay fat wife jokes
    • Give to the organization financially, physically and prayerfully.
    • Bro Schaffer Governing Body helper giving talk Jehovah is taking action.
    • 200 Regional Translation Offices RTOs are being built.
    • Bro Crast? Talk about Coping

oh yeah...Armageddon is near. But keep giving, giving, giving to the BORG...give 'til you drop.

WHATEVER!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit