HOW MANY drones allowed round an apathy trolley?

by hamsterbait 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Truly jehoobie is expanding the work in this final part of the end of the VERY end of the end of the time of the end!!

This made me LOL!

What is the biggest number you have seen gaggling around them?

I have yet to see the apathy trolley/cart.

I still wonder what happened to the exuberance of the witness work(tm)?

I'm thinkin' the lack of Armageddon showing up as predicted ad nauseum may have something to do with it.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Punk, I heard a very timid little knock on my door last weekend, and when I looked out a window a bit later I saw two very sheepish girls (who may have been extras on the television show Little House on the Prairie) taking doors while a creepy-looking older man waited at the curb, then followed them down the street where he again waited while they (barely) knocked on doors. 3 in one little group, maybe now the young sisters need chaperones here in a sunny vacation town (have to watch out for those angry tourists chasing after dubbie girls, right?).

No apathy carts around, but then that's only the second time I've seen jdubs doing "regular" door-knocking in about six years.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cultBGone - I've had them do the old rubber knock on my door when I have a loud doorbell. Apathy all around methinks.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Lugubrious!! I remember that word! It was in a WT magazine, in a study article from the 1990's. The WT was talking about people in the world who mourn without hope, and how JWs, in comparison, do not mourn in the same extreme, lugubrious manner!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Lugubrious!! I remember that word! It was in a WT magazine, in a study article from the 1990's. The WT was talking about people in the world who mourn without hope, and how JWs, in comparison, do not mourn in the same extreme, lugubrious manner!

• blondie
    blondie

Muddy, do you remember which article? I checked my WT-CD and I can't get that word to come up in any form.

But I do remember that the WTS made use of that point that many jws felt they were flawed if they were said about a child or mate dying. (1 Thess. 4:13)

• PhilJonesIII
    PhilJonesIII

Ive been out too long ( not long enough ) so can someone tell me what an 'apathy cart' is?

• cofty
    cofty

Hi PhilJonesIII - welcome.

It's a reference to the trolleys the JWs are now using in town centres...

Usually 2 or 3 JWs will be nearby keeping an eye on it and drinking coffee but not actually doing any witnessing...

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I've noticed there's a new rule now with the carts. For the last three or four weeks every cart I see now there's always one person sitting. Before either the 2 or 3 that were there always stood. So I guess Almighty Jah spoke to one of the drunken GBs and has now allowed one person to sit while the other stands. I wonder how many minutes the Almighty deemed they can sit down, before of course letting the other person have their turn.

• PhilJonesIII
    PhilJonesIII

Thank you Cofty. I left the JWs in the late 80s and only lasted that long because of my wife.

'Apathy cart' indeed. I can think of many of the old-timers that would be horrified at such a passive approach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit