Exerps, Conversation/Debate with a close old friend still in the Borg. Comments please!

by dark angle 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dark angle
    dark angle
    That was an interesting conversation. She came out with all the expected jw nonesense though. You handled yourself well, I am glad you showed her respect, friendship and gave her your time. You showed her you are nice even though you have left.
    KateWild,

Thanks. Im more of an agnosti c/atheist now. but i'm trying to converse with her as close as i could from her religious frame.

• dark angle
    dark angle

God or no God, we have to rely on our own thinking - if we don't, we're screwed.

If I left everything to Jehovah ... nothing would get done!

So true! thanks LoveUnihate. It seems that them thinking knowing the thoughts of God is a self perpetuating illusion that infects us from attending KHmeetings.

• dark angle
    dark angle

I don't know if anything will make a dent in this lady's cult controlled mind. You handled it brilliantly though, I thought you really said the right things to get her to think, but it seems like she was in defense mode or making excuses for everything the WT Society says or does. It drives me crazy when JW's say that they have the " truth " - then when we try to say " I AM looking ino the truth " , they say " you know what I mean ! " I had a JW I once knew do that to me several years ago in a conversation. I just kept saying " I HAVE the truth ! " and " I AM the truth ! I'm a very truthful person ! " It blew her mind and frustrated her that she couldn' get me to admit JW's have " the truth ".

Flipper,

It really amuses me that the word "truth" is one of the most abused term used the JWs' jargon. It enfuses them with arrogance, giving them the illution of possesing superior knowledge, the absolute certainty of knowing everthing in unverse. hahahahaha!

• dark angle
    dark angle

A person who really doesn't believe the JW religion is "the truth" should really be careful not to give any indication that they are acknowledging and/or confirming to any JW that the Watchtower religion is "the truth". If any JW wants to play "the truth" card, you actually have the advantage to mention all the changes in the truth, therefore those truths were lies, therefore we have no reason to believe "new truths" are truths. Of course the JW preprogrammed response is "new light". You shut that down with "sorry, but that new light BS doesn't cut it!". Then again, those who are trying to keep from getting DF'd for family reasons may simply agree using anti-theocratic theocratic warfare statements.

AlphaMan,

So true. the "New Light" is just a sugar coated : "Oppss we f***ed up". But with their arrogance they blame it to the light getting brighter. (but not always, light will also get dimmer)

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Barf, just threw in my mouth......talking with a JW who is active. is like talking to a brainwashed zombie.

BLAH BLAH BLAH.....

remember..................IT'S A CULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTTM

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''A brother and a professor in biology in a university''

Hi, Is that two separate people or one? There is a Witness that I knew that was a professor in biology at St Georges University Grenada.

• dark angle
    dark angle

Hi, Is that two separate people or one? There is a Witness that I knew that was a professor in biology at St Georges University Grenada.

Hello Thomas,

They're two. the professor was from south africa and his work can be found here:

Mario Di Maggio

http://web.archive.org/web/20080602042613/http://www.dimaggio.org/Heretic/critical.htm

• alwaysthinking
    alwaysthinking

you know the organization has never claimed to be INSPIRED by God.

Being Gods organization without being inspired by him, I found this is incredible. Only in these recent years the governing body began to say that they are not inspired by God, because there's no other options left for them, all their prophacies and promises have come to a dead end, they cannot go anywhere if they don't say so.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

"Being Gods organization without being inspired by him, I found this is incredible."

In fact God never said that He has an "earthly organization", nor He called his arrangement an "organization"

what men call/name "God's organization" should be a way of living (for humankind) according to God's will (or strictly obeing God) - yet God doesn't call this: "organization" , He call it "God's Kingdom" and "The Kingdom of Heavens"

(that means that the Kingdom is of God and is Heavenly - NOT earthly )

and God sent his Son on earth to preach this Kingdom and to teach that it will come on earth

--------

to call/name a human arrangement(with its limitations) "God's organization" it is even a blasfemy.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Q: "how are you doing spiritually, my brother?"

A: "I'm doing better spiritually than I ever have."

She: XXXX, you know the organization has never claimed to be INSPIRED by God. Only the Bible writers were inspired, or literally, God-breathed. But you can't blind yourself to the fact that this is the only organization that has overwhelming proof of the BACKING of Jehovah's spirit.

Me: Indeed, I've felt a great deal of frustration and sorrow in my life because I listen and believed that when the organization explained that it was irresponsible to marry and have children back in the 1980s, they had been given knowledge directly by God. I don't need you to explain to me in 2014 that they didn't know what they were talking about back in 1989. And I fully understand that if I were to now treat anything the organization says is something that is spoken from God, I would be a fool!

THEN...

And as far as the organization having overwhelming proof of Jehovah's backing, that is the same claim the Pharisees used in Jesus' day. And the nation of Israel throughout the OT had all kinds of proof of Jehovah's backing... but how did that work out with the whole captivity in Babylon, subjugation by Greece, and destruction by Rome work out? Following an organization of men is doomed. Jesus said "follow me".

OR...

Every other member of a religion believes that their organization has overwhelming proof of God's backing. You've heard of the Muslems, right? Why is it that JWs haven't made a dent in the growth and zeal of Islam?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit