If THAT is Paradise, count me bored....

by bafh 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

Fuck that. I'd rather be in gehenna than JW paradise. I want to keep my electric guitars, my tattoos, my cigarette addiction, my lame job, my prospect for my future career, my flawed friends and family, my weed, the 3 stitches I got on my finger the other day, etc etc etc. I can't say I have an appreciation for life If I'm gonna deny every real aspect of all that's going on in my life now for a picture in a magazine when they even admit they don't know what it's gonna be like.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hidden Window - "They depict paradise as an extremely boring place: No allusion to technology or science, no restaurants, no universities, no Starbucks where you can sit down to talk or read a good book and, by the way, no books to read, especially because all authors are gone, since they are not witnesses. The list is endless..."

Don't forget the big one...

...the WTS will be ruling the planet.

• bafh
    bafh

I guess what I keep going back to is that 1) there is no scriptural basis for their vision of this; 2) looking to the world around us, variety is the norm not the exception. It just seems to fly in the face of logic and it is so small minded. If they said, "Well, not knowing other languages is a barrier, so wouldn't it be cool if we would each just understand the other automatically?" I could get on board with that - I mean, if you believe in God, and he can do anything, then this would be no big deal. right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit