Geoffrey Jackson hints at the identity of the King of the North

by scotoma 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

konceptual99: They know nothing. It's just a bogus method of raising expectations without having to say anything of consequence. I think they will be very cautious about ever putting a stake in the ground on this one.

Well said. They LOVE to raise expectations and create a sense of mystery, but the fact is: they got nothing!

Be prepared for it to become less concrete and more abstract.

I'd put it this way, Be prepared for it to become less specific and more vague.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

scotoma: The question with all these adjusted explanations is why Jehovah would allow his people to be misled in the first place.

And the answer is: God doesn't have anything to do with it.

The WTBTS - Over a Century of Getting it Wrong!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Perhaps the GB need more $$$ to figure out who the King of North is? Simon, can we set up some kind of voluntary contribution for this?

DD

• Divergent
    Divergent

I don't know who the king of the North is either, but I do know who the king of the West is...

It's Kanye, you idiots

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've finally been away long enough that "Gog of Magog" just sounds like the title of a Dr. Seuss book.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Billy!! You are being corrupted by Satan's world!!! Come back to the light!!!

DD

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I'm laughing now but I used to believe all that loose stool b.s. crock o' crap. All worried all the time. "is the statue closer to destruction in this picture than it was in the older picture? Oh NO! Better get out in service this week! Playtime is OVER!!!"

Marina

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Billy - "...'Gog of Magog' just sounds like the title of a Dr. Seuss book."

I do not like them with a frog,

I do not like them on a log,

I wish you'd shut the f**k up, dawg,

I do not like them, Gog Magog!

• Listener
    Listener

The OP on this thread is very interesting as it discusses the KON and reasoning as to why the GB were not saying who they believed it is.

At the Annual Meeting four years ago Soctoma points out this comment as having been made by Geoffrey Jackson

Finally he dramatically
    raised the question “So who is the King of the North?” The audience reacted to this question
    with an anticipatory audible buzz. Just the reaction Jackson was hoping for. He followed this up
    by saying “We can’t be sure - yet.” And then he raised expectations that when they get it figured
    out they will make it known.

Scotoma then makes is own speculation as to why they wouldn't name the KON back then

They will probably defend their confusion over the King of the North because it cleared the way
    for hundreds of thousands of new JW’s in Russia and its former republics. If they maintained the
    stance that the King of the North was Russia they would have risked the work coming under a
    ban. How could they be allowed to freely carry on their work and talk about Russia being the
    evil King of the North? To be sure they don’t want to be too quick to send out the message that
    Putin’s Russia is the King of the North that goes forth in a great rage to “annihilate and devote
    many to destruction.”

Today, in Russia, the JWs are banned and it would appear that since the GB have nothing further to lose, they decided to reveal the KON as Russia in their recent Annual meeting.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In the book "Your Will Be Done On Earth" they pointed out that the KON was the U.S.S.R and that the KOS was the Anglo-American world power .

And that was fullfillment of prophecy no more interpretation was needed .

Time and unforeseen occurrences (history/world events ) make fools out of the GB of Jehovah`s Witnesses.

Time and again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit